Madadian TV DilemmaLogic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
For a TV entertainment show on Madadian TV entitled "I am a Celebrity, get me a Kebab!!" the producer, Mad Ade (no relation) must choose a group of two Directors and two Musicians. At least one of them must be an Actor and at least one a Singer.
Available Directors are Holly Wood, Jed I. Knight, Ty Tanick, Winnie DePooh and Zoltan Pepper.
Available Musicians are Howard Eyeno, Eve O'Looshun, Di O'Bolic and Brighton Early.
Ty Tanick, Howard Eyeno and Eve O'Looshun are Actors.
Winnie DePooh and Brighton Early are Singers.
Howard Eyeno will not sit in the same room with Ty Tanick, and will take part only if Holly Wood is there.
Winnie DePooh refuses to take part with Eve O'Looshun.
Zoltan Pepper refuses to take part with Brighton Early.
How many acceptable groups can the producer put together?
AnswerThere are 60 possible groupings of two directors and two musicians. However, some of them are not acceptable, because they do not include both an actor and a singer. This brings the possible combinations down to 36. When you eliminate the combinations that represent people who refuse to work together, you end up with 9.The acceptable groups are:
1) Holly Wood, Jed I. Knight, Howard Eyeno, and Brighton Early;
2) Holly Wood, Jed I. Knight, Eve O'Looshun, and Brighton Early;
3) Holly Wood, Ty Tanick, Eve O'Looshun, and Brighton Early;
4) Holly Wood, Ty Tanick, Di O'Bolic, and Brighton Early;
5) Holly Wood, Winnie DePooh, Howard Eyeno, and Di O'Bolic;
6) Holly Wood, Winnie DePooh, Howard Eyeno, and Brighton Early;
7) Jed I. Knight, Ty Tanick, Eve O'Looshun, and Brighton Early;
8) Jed I. Knight, Ty Tanick, Di O'Bolic, and Brighton Early;
9) Ty Tanick, Winnie DePooh, Di O'Bolic, and Brighton Early.
Some interesting points arise here. For instance, Brighton Early appears in eight of the nine groups, while Zoltan Pepper doesn't appear at all. He's completely blocked out by his own and others' conditions on working with certain people, and Brighton Early benefits greatly by being the only musician/singer, especially when he doesn't refuse to work with anyone else. Winnie DePooh doesn't get a similar advantage by being the only director/singer because he refuses to work with Eve O'Looshun, which limits his availability. I guess the moral of the story is, be willing to work with anybody and you'll be able to work more.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top