Smart Quotes By Smart PeopleIn Cryptography teasers, a phrase or expressions has been encoded in some way (frequently by replacing letters with other letters). You need to figure out the encoding method and then decode the message to find the answer.
Below are cryptograms in which the solutions are quotes of famous scientists and other smart people. Every letter stands for another letter, and no letter can represent two letters, nor can two letters represent the same letter.
1. KJKVZE-KJKV HVDFVKZ NC ZQV CYJBADVM FNWV
CDNW HVNHBV OQN QYTV ZQV QYIJZ NC WYPJKX
--XVNDXV OYMQJKXZNK FYDTVD
2. KNZQJKX JK BJCV JM ZN IV CVYDVS. JZ JM
NKBE ZN IV AKSVDMZNNS.
3. ZQV NBSVMZ, MQNDZVMZ ONDSM - "EVM' YKS
"KN" - YDV ZQNMV OQJFQ DVRAJDV ZQV WNMZ
4. WE YSTJFV ZN ENA JM XVZ WYDDJVS: JC ENA
CJKS Y XNNS OJCV ENA'BB IV QYHHE; JC KNZ,
ENA'BB IVFNWV Y HQJBNMNHQVD.
HintM=S (Wherever you see an 'M', it's actually an 'S')
Answer1. Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
--George Washington Carver
2. Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.
3. The oldest, shortest words - "yes' and
"no" - are those which require the most
4. My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher.
--Socrates (heh heh)
The cipher is as follows: (Actual letter is on top)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R
Y I F S V C X Q J L P B W K N H R D
S T U V W X Y Z
M Z A T O G E U
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top