Calculate Another DigitSeries teasers are where you try to complete the sequence of a series of letters, numbers or objects.
Each of the following uses a different method to represent the same well-known series. Your challenge is to figure out what the series is and how each item represents it. If you know the series well enough, try finding a value for the next term in each case.
1. How I wish I could enumerate
2. Calculate another digit and easily impress
3. Be done your run, drive mine
HintEach series represents the first 6 digits of pi (3.14159).
If you want to continue, here are more digits: 3.1415926...
Answer1. The number of letters in each word matches a digit of pi. ("How" is three letters long, "I" is one letter long, ...) The next value would be any word that is two letters long, such as "pi".
How I wish I could enumerate pi easily...
2. Look at the first letter of each word; its position in the alphabet matches a digit of pi. ("Calculate" starts with the third letter in the alphabet, "another" starts with the first letter in the alphabet, ...) The next value would be any word starting with a "b", such as "by".
Calculate another digit and easily impress by finding...
3. Each word rhymes with the corresponding digit of pi. ("Be" rhymes with "three", "done" rhymes with "one", ...) The next value would be any word that rhymes with "two".
Be done your run, drive mine to fix...
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top