I am 200% of a penny, 25% nickel, 118.4% of a dime, 111.4% of a quarter, and 10% of a half dollar. What am I?
HintI have been around for 64 years.
AnswerThe answer is a Jefferson nickel or 5 cent piece. A nickel weighs 5 grams while a penny (Lincoln cent) weighs 2.5 grams, so it is 200% the weight of a penny. A nickel's diameter is 0.835 inches (21.21mm) while a Roosevelt dime's diameter is only 0.705 inches (17.91mm), so it is ~118.4% of a dime's diameter. A nickel has a thickness of 1.95mm and the Washington quarter is only 1.75mm thick, so the nickel is ~111.4% of a quarter's thickness. The monetary value of a nickel is 10% of a Kennedy half dollar (5 cents/50cents = 10%) and a nickel is composed of 25% nickel (the metal nickel, Ni). The other 75% of a nickel made of copper.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top