The Name Seems FamiliarTrivia brain teasers have some element of trivia in them, but they are not just pure trivia questions.
For each of the groups of actors below, can you identify the movie / TV character they have in common? For instance, given
Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan
The answer would be "James Bond".
1. Charlton Heston, Mel Brooks, Val Kilmer
2. David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Bob Anderson, Sebastian Shaw, Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen
3. Bette Davis, Annette Bening, Cate Blanchett, Judi Dench
4. Patty Duke, Melissa Gilbert, Hallie Kate Eisenberg
5. Mary Martin, Sandy Duncan, Robin Williams
HintEach group is listed in the order in which they played the character.
Answer1. "Moses" - Charlton Heston (The Ten Commandments, 1956), Mel Brooks (History of the World: Part I, 1981), Val Kilmer (The Prince of Egypt, 1998)
2. Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader - David Prowse / James Earl Jones (Parts IV-VI), Bob Anderson (Parts V-VI, lightsabre duels), Sebastian Shaw (Part VI finale), Jake Lloyd (Part I), Hayden Christensen (Parts II - III).
Fencing master Bob Anderson performed all the lightsaber duels in parts V & VI: in Part IV, David Prowse broke too many of the prop sabres. Sebastian Shaw played the unmasked Anakin Skywalker at the end of Part VI (although the 2004 DVD release replaces him with Hayden Christensen). This is supposedly the only time that a multi-movie character has been portrayed by three people in one film, let alone four (counting Jones as the voice).
3. Queen Elizabeth I - Bette Davis (The Virgin Queen, 1955), Annette Bening (Richard III, 1995), Judi Dench (Shakespeare in Love, 1998), Cate Blanchett (Elizabeth, 1998).
Dench won the 1998 "Best Supporting Actress" Oscar over Blanchett, the only time two people have been nominated for playing the same character.
4. Helen Keller, in various productions of "The Miracle Worker" - Patty Duke (1962), Melissa Gilbert (TV, 1979), Hallie Kate Eisenberg (TV, 2000). Patty Duke won an Oscar for her 1962 movie role, and then got the "Best Actress" Emmy over Melissa Gilbert (and 3 others) in 1979. Eisenberg was nominated for the Young Artist Award.
5. Peter Pan - Mary Martin ("Peter Pan", 1954), Sandy Duncan ("Peter Pan", TV-1980), Robin Williams ("Hook", 1991)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top