Mispronounced PrefixesLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
The answers to each of the clues below are words that could have an alternate definition if the words were read incorrectly. For example, if the word "coward" was incorrectly read as having "co-" as a prefix to the word "ward," its definition could be "to jointly parry or keep something away." Can you figure out the mispronounced prefixes that could have the definitions given below?
1. a small, 3-chambered vessel for holding medicines
2. the stride that comes before running with long, smooth bounds
3. to unite together again for a special purpose
4. two buildings or rooms used for the retail sale of goods
5. a particle of matter that is not an electrically charged atom or group of atoms
6. to commit a transgression against God again
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top