The following are colloquialisms/idioms written in their literal form. Try to find all four.
Example: A Panthera Pardus is incapable of altering its texture. (A leopard can't change its spots)
1. A colorless crystalline carbon existing within a uncouth environment.
2. Descending in the manner of the order of Diptera.
3. A late pop singer has departed from the premises.
4. To be delivered by metallic object that brings forth a great ringing noise.
Answer1. A Diamond in the Rough--A term referring to someone with good character, but lacking social grace.
2. Dropping like flies--This means to lose attention or become bored easily. It can also mean for a large number of people to get sick very rapidly.
3. Elvis has left the building--It was an announcement made at the end of Elvis' concerts to get fans to leave. It is now used when a major event has ended.
4. Saved by the bell--Now used when someone is in trouble, and is saved by an unrelated cause.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top