Family HistoryLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Mary and her four brothers had very similar histories. Determine when each was born, when they married, and when they died.
1. The oldest sibling married two years after the one born in 1921.
2. Mary had been married for 40 years when she died, and was born a year later than the brother who died in 1989.
3. The youngest sibling married a year before Joseph and died a year before Michael.
4. The one who married in 1950 died two years before the one who married in 1949.
5. The one born in 1923 married more than a year before Joseph, and died more than a year before him.
6. William is the only one with statistics that are all odd numbered years; Peter (whose dates are all even numbered) died a year after the one who married in 1946.
AnswerMary, born 1924, married 1948, died 1988.
Michael, born 1923, married 1946, died 1989.
Joseph, born 1920, married 1949, died 1992.
Peter, born 1922, married 1950, died 1990.
William, born 1921, married 1947, died 1991.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top