Vacation Book AssignmentLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Five students from a South Carolina high school were each assigned a different book to read over Winter Break. Each of them had vacation plans in different locations, three to places in the United States and two to Canada and Mexico. Determine from the clues the full name of each student, the book each one was assigned, and the vacation spot each one visited.
1. The five students, in no particular order are: Jessica, the student who visited Mexico, Mr. Tyler, the student who read "The Call of the Wild", and the student who visited Hawaii.
2. Only one student rode in a car to his or her vacation spot, and did not cross any national borders. On the drive, several chapters of "Pride and Prejudice" were read.
3. The student whose last name was Jessup did not read Oliver Twist, but did leave the country on vacation.
4. Angela's last name is not Yee.
5. Victor Denim's book was appropriate for his trip to Alaska, as it was set in a cold climate.
6. The student who read "Oliver Twist" was not a female, but David read "Catcher in the Rye" on his vacation.
7. Ms. Bascom didn't read "Pride and Prejudice", and she did not visit another country.
The five books are: "To Kill a Mockingbird", "Oliver Twist", "Pride and Prejudice", "Catcher in the Rye", and "The Call of the Wild".
The five vacation locations are: Florida, Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico, and Canada.
The five first names are: David, Jessica, John, Victor, and Angela. (Angela and Jessica are the two females.)
The five last names are: Bascom, Denim, Jessup, Yee, and Tyler.
HintA knowledge of geography and literature will help you with some of the clues.
AnswerAngela Bascom, "To Kill a Mockingbird", Hawaii
John Tyler, "Oliver Twist", Canada
Jessica Yee, "Pride and Prejudice", Florida
David Jessup, "Catcher in the Rye", Mexico
Victor Denim, "Call of the Wild", Alaska
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top