Moving to LondonLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Last year, as I prepared to board the plane that would take me to my new home in London, my five aunts each gave me a gift. Each gift was something I had always cherished deeply. Charlotte, Patsy, Helen, Gail and Donna (in no particular order) gave me seeds to plant, advice, books, a map, and my grandmother's sewing box (in no particular order).
Can you deduce from these clues, which aunt gave which gift and in what order?
1. When I was young, I was taught to plant and grow flowers by the only aunt whose name contains a C, so she gave me things to plant in my new garden.
2. The first gift I was given, at the airport, was so I could always find my way home.
3. The sewing box was not given last although it was given after the seeds.
4. Aunt Helen always told stories about how I would simply devour the written word, so she gave me plenty of volumes to read.
5. The books were the only gift whose first letter corresponded to its place in the alphabet and to the order in which it was given.
6. The last gift I received was from Aunt Patsy. She told me to "never quit believing that there was good in all," and that "teaching is the noblest of professions. For while teachers do not make millions, they do make tomorrow's leaders."
7. Aunt Gail cannot sew, so grandmother did not give her the sewing box.
HintVolumes: think about encyclopedias.
If you need more then I am really bad at this.
AnswerAunt, Gift, Order
Gail, Map, 1
Helen, Books, 2
Charlotte, Seeds, 3
Donna, Sewing Box, 4
Patsy, Advice, 5
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top