Ring Around the RosieLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
For her 60th birthday, Rosie's five children were planning a grand surprise party in her honor. This was not easy for any of her children since each of them lived in a different city in northern California, so to make it easier for themselves, they each had a different responsibility. Each person was put in charge of a different aspect of the party planning, including arranging for the gift the group had selected -- a mother's ring set with the birthstones of all five siblings (no two siblings have the same birthstone). From the information provided, determine the city in which each person lives and the aspect of the party (including the music) he or she was in charge of planning, as well as the birthstone of each of Rosie's children.
Person: Herbert, Irene, Kurt, Marie, Wendell
City: Crescent City, Quincy, Red Bluff, Sacramento, San Francisco
Aspect: Caterer, Gift, Hall, Invitations, Music
Birthstone: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Emerald, Peridot, Sapphire
1. Exactly four of Rosie's children -- the Sacramento resident, the one with the peridot birthstone, the one in charge of hiring a caterer, and the one whose birthstone is emerald -- are married.
2. Three siblings who brought their spouses to the party are the resident of Quincy, the one who lives in Red Bluff, and Irene.
3. Marie's birthstone isn't the sapphire.
4. Neither the Sacramento resident (whose birthstone isn't sapphire) nor Kurt (who was in charge of the gift) is the one whose birthstone is aquamarine (who is neither the resident of Crescent City nor the person who had the invitations printed).
5. The San Francisco resident (who isn't Wendell) isn't the sibling who reserved a hall for the party.
6. Neither Marie (who lives in Crescent City, and was not in charge of the invitations) nor the Quincy resident (whose birthstone isn't aquamarine) is the one with the peridot birthstone.
AnswerHerbert lives in San Francisco, was in charge of the music, and his birthstone is the aquamarine.
Irene lives in Sacramento, was in charge of the invitations, and her birthstone is the amethyst.
Kurt lives in Red Bluff, was in charge of the gift, and his birthstone is the peridot.
Marie lives in Crescent City, was in charge of getting the hall, and her birthstone is the emerald.
Wendell lives in Quincy, was in charge of getting the caterer, and his birthstone is the sapphire.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top