The Band ConcertLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
There is a big school band concert coming up soon. The band will be playing 5 songs that each have a big solo in them. Each solo is played by a different kid on a different instrument and each song is a different length. Ms. Staccato, who was responsible for making the programs for the concert, dropped all of the papers with the concert information on them! Help her figure out what each kid's first and last names are, what instrument they play, what song they have a solo in, and how long each song is.
First Names - Seth, Emily, Fred, Tyler, and Carla
Last Names - Taylor, Edwards, Norman, Williams, and Roberts
Instruments - Snare Drum, Timpani, Trumpet, Flute, and Clarinet
Songs - "Bluesville," "The Red, the White, and the Blues," "On, Wisconsin," "Alleluia," and "Clairvoyance"
Lengths (minutes) - 1:30, 2:30, 3:00, 4:00, 4:30
1. The five kids are: Tyler, the one who plays the flute, the one with the last name of Roberts, the one with a solo in Bluesville, and the one that has a solo in the 4:00 song.
2. The five songs are: "On, Wisconsin," the one that has a solo played by Emily, the one that is 3:00 long, the one with a solo played by the kid with the last name of Williams, and the one with a solo played on the timpani.
3. No one plays an instrument that has the same first letter as their first name.
4. Only 1 person has the same first and last initials.
5. Emily doesn't have a solo in a song that has the word "Blues" in it.
6. A girl plays the snare, which is the instrument that has a solo in "Alleluia".
7. The song that has the same first syllable as the instrument that has a solo in it is 1 minute longer than the song with a solo played by the kid with the last name of Taylor.
8. The song that the trumpet has a solo in does not have any letters in it that are in the word trumpet.
9. The song that has the name of a state in the USA in it is longer than 1:30.
10. Bluesville has exactly twice the amount of letters in it as the first name of the kid who has a solo in it.
Notes: "R,W,+ Blues" in the solver stands for "The Red, the White, and the Blues". Seth, Fred and Tyler are boys; Emily and Carla are girls.
HintFor those of you who don't already know:
A Snare Drum is a percussion instrument that only has one major sound.
Timpani are large drums that normally come in sets of 3 or 4 and have different pitches.
A trumpet is a brass instrument played by blowing into a mouthpiece and pressing down different valves to make different notes.
A flute is a woodwind instrument played by blowing over a mouthpiece and pressing down different keys.
A clarinet is a woodwind instrument played by blowing on a reed and mouthpiece and pressing down different keys.
AnswerSeth Norman has a flute solo in "The Red, the White, and the Blues," which is 3:00 long.
Emily Edwards has a snare drum solo in "Alleluia," which is 4:00 long.
Fred Roberts has a trumpet solo in "On, Wisconsin," which is 4:30 long.
Tyler Williams has a clarinet solo in "Clairvoyance," which is 2:30 long.
Carla Taylor has a timpani solo in "Bluesville," which is 1:30 long.
These are all real songs and all (except Bluesville) have solos in them played by the instruments in this puzzle.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top