Parcel PredicamentLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Percy Parcelle, bicycle courier extraordinaire, just came barrelling around a blind corner and collided unceremoniously with a man in a duck suit handing out flyers. In addition to the flyers and feathers, Percy's five parcels with the recipient names, addresses, street names, and delivery instructions are scattered around him and the unconscious duck-man. All he knows now are a few bits of information he can remember from the dispatcher. Help Percy get his five deliveries sorted so he can cycle away before the duck man wakes up!
Parcels: letter, tube mailer, padded envelope, box, can
Recipients: Mr. Anderson, Doozen Communications, Harold and Sons, Smythe LLB, Mrs. Williams
Addresses: 4, 10, 23, 52, 71
Street names: Lilac Lane, Magnolia Ave, Olive St, Sycamore Close, Zinnia Crescent
Delivery instructions: fragile ("Oops!" says Percy), no signature required (NSR), rush, COD, leave at front desk
1. Mr. Anderson's house number is 4.
2. Doozen Communications is on Lilac Lane, which only has buildings numbered up to 40.
3. The letter is for Smythe LLB.
4. Number 10 is getting the box.
5. Doozen Communications did not request "leave at desk," and Williams' is a private residence, so there is no desk there, either.
6. The fragile parcel is going to Magnolia Avenue.
7. Number 52 is the only destination that requires no signature for delivery.
8. The tube is going to Magnolia Avenue.
9. Mrs. Williams lives on Sycamore Close.
10. The can is the rush delivery, but not to number 71.
11. Harold and Sons is paying COD.
12. Smythe LLB is not on Zinnia St.
AnswerPercy delivered the following:
1. A tube marked "fragile" to Mr. Anderson, 4 Magnolia Ave.
2. A letter marked "leave at front desk" to Smythe LLB, 71 Olive St.
3. A padded envelope marked "no signature required" to Mrs. Williams, 52 Sycamore Close.
4. A box marked "COD" to Harold and Sons, 10 Zinnia Crescent.
5. A can marked "rush" to Doozen Communications, 23 Lilac Lane.
Unfortunately, the trail of feathers and flyers led the police right to his door (and five others). He was charged and sentenced to community service...handing out flyers in a chicken suit!
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top