Olympic MeetingLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Four friends, Bryan and Simon (men), and Emily and Tatiana (women), met at lunch to discuss the results of their Olympic competitions. They all had a different top 4 finish in a different competition, either the Triathlon (3 events), the Modern Pentathlon (5 events), the Heptathlon (7 events), or the Decathlon (10 events). They are all from English speaking countries (Australia, Britain, Canada, and the U.S.).
See if you can figure out where each person is from, which event they competed in, and in what position they finished.
1. Both women received a medal. (Gold is awarded for first, silver for second, and bronze for third.)
2. Tatiana competed in more events than the Briton.
3. The Australian was proud of her silver medal.
4. The Canadian had a better finish than the woman who competed in the Heptathlon.
5. The American competed in more events than the person who won a bronze medal.
6. The person who competed in the Modern Pentathlon didn't have the best finish, but it was better than Bryan.
7. Emily is not Canadian.
HintBased on clues 1 and 4, the woman who competed in the Heptathlon wasn't fourth. Therefore, the Canadian must have finished first or second.
AnswerBryan, the American, finished 4th in the Decathlon.
Emily, the Briton, finished 3rd in the Modern Pentathlon.
Simon, the Canadian, finished 1st in the Triathlon.
Tatiana, the Australian, finished 2nd in the Heptathlon.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top