Back in the TournamentLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
It is basketball tournament time. For five teams it has been several years since they made the tournament. From the clues below, determine where each school is seeded, what their mascot is, and how long it has been since they last made the tournament. Remember, a higher seed is one with a lower number, with the no. 1 seed being the highest.
1) The 7 seeded mascot is the bumblebee, but is not from Chord Uni.
2) It has been twenty years since Stats and Math State made the tournament and they are seeded two places lower than the piano mascot, who isn't seeded 9.
3) The turkey mascot is seeded two places lower than Artist's Paradise and two places higher than the team that have not been in for twenty-one years.
4) It has been over twenty years for Music Melody and their mascot the raindrop.
5) The team that has been waiting for nineteen years is seeded 11.
6) The student who played the mascot of the paintbrush wasn't even born the last time his school made it to the tournament. They have waited the longest to get in.
AnswerThe 7 seeded Minor College with mascot the bumblebee have been waiting 18 years.
The 9 seeded Chord Uni. with mascot the paintbrush have been waiting 22 years.
The 11 seeded Artist's Paradise with mascot the piano have been waiting 19 years.
The 13 seeded States and Math State with mascot the turkey have been waiting 20 years.
The 15 seeded Music Melody with mascot the raindrop have been waiting 21 years.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top