Behead 17Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
1. Long, deep cut -> Fire by-product
2. Drill a hole -> Rock with minerals
3. A fissure; become fractured -> Framework for holding
4. Move aimlessly -> A narrow fissure
5. Cut apart -> At any time
6. Offering little hope -> An accidental hole
7. Separate or cut -> Depart
8. Ruptured; caused an infraction -> Arrived at
HintThe shorter words start with these letters:
Answer1. Gash -> Ash
2. Bore -> Ore
3. Crack -> Rack
4. Drift -> Rift
5. Sever -> Ever
6. Bleak -> Leak
7. Cleave -> Leave
8. Breached -> Reached
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top