Spazy Croonerisms 24Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
A spoonerism is a pair of words that can have their initial sounds switched to form new words. The pairs need only sound the same, not necessarily be spelled the same (power saw & sour paw, horse cart & coarse heart). There may sometimes be one or two connecting words (kick the stone & stick the cone, king of the rats & ring of the cats). Given the following definitions, what are the spoonerisms?
1) a gas-filled bag flying upward & a barroom full of tedious dullness
2) compassionate disease-causing organisms & male and female, for examples
3) a count of highways & a mass meeting of warty amphibians
4) a rigid surgical dressing made of a pungent yellow condiment & a pole on a ship used for supporting sails made of a baked or frozen sweetened mixture of milk and eggs
Answer1) soaring balloon & boring saloon
2) tender germs & gender terms
3) road tally & toad rally
4) mustard cast & custard mast
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top