Curtail 19Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you curtail a word, you remove the last letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Heavenly body
Answer: The words are Start and Star.
1. In place of -> Falsehood
2. Area around the altar of a church -> Possibility; a gamble
3. Stake or gamble -> Compensation for labour
4. Financial book -> Narrow place to stand
5. Ceremonial garment -> Take from someone unlawfully
6. Spirit; confidence or enthusiasm -> Standard of behaviour; a lesson
7. An ordinal number -> A cardinal number
8. Deserving of respect -> High value; equivalent to a specified value
HintThe words start with these letters:
Answer1. Lieu -> Lie
2. Chancel -> Chance
3. Wager -> Wage
4. Ledger -> Ledge
5. Robe -> Rob
6. Morale -> Moral
7. Eighth -> Eight
8. Worthy -> Worth
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top