Sight Rhyme ChallengeLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In each group below, the four words end in the same three letters, so they look like they should rhyme, but they don't. See if you can figure out the missing letters in each group.
Example: -l--gh, -h--gh, t--gh would be plough, though, tough.
1. r--e, pr----e, pr----e, --p-r---e
2. --he, -p--he, -t---he, ----t--he
3. v-i-, s--i-, pr---i-, h-r-i-
4. d--e, o----e, -o---e, l--o---e
HintSome letters have been filled in for you.
1. r--e, pr-c--e, pr-m--e, e-p-r---e
2. --he, -pa-he, -t-a-he, --u-t--he
3. v-in, s--in, pro--in, h-r-in
4. di-e, o--i-e, -o-i-e, l--o-i-e
Answer1. rise, precise, promise, expertise
2. ache, Apache, attache, moustache
3. vein, stein, protein, herein
4. dice, office, police, licorice
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top