Below you will find three letter equations. Once you figure the answer to each equation, use those answers to figure out the answer to the fourth and final letter equation. Good luck!
1. O + F + C + S + B = WWF
2. H + T + TB + B + T = BF
3. SD + BD + X = PF
Take the answers from the equations above to figure out the fourth and final equation.
4. WWF + BF + PF = CB
Hint1. This "family" contains a few family members that require reeds.
2. This "family" contains family members that need a "buzz" to get going.
3. This "family" contains family members that may need to be struck.
4. This is the compilation of all the families listed above.
Answer1. Oboe + Flute + Clarinet + Saxophone + Bassoon = Woodwind Family
The hint for this equation states that "some family members require reeds". Flutes do not use reeds to produce sound, while all other instruments in this group do.
2. Horn + Trumpet + Trombone + Baritone + Tuba = Brass Family
The hint for this equation states that they require a "buzz" to get going. This is because you need to buzz your lips together to produce a sound.
3. Snare Drum + Bass Drum + Xylophone = Percussion Family
The hint for this equation suggests that family members need to be struck to get going. This means each one of the instruments listed require that you hit them with a stick to produce a sound. (The list of Percussion instruments provided in this equation is by no means a complete list.)
4. Woodwind Family + Brass Family + Percussion Family = Concert Band
This is the standard instrumentation for most concert bands.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top