CrossDigit 5Math brain teasers require computations to solve.
This teaser is similar to a crossword puzzle, but there is a twist. Instead of words, it uses digits 1-9 and empty (black in crossword puzzles) spaces in a 4 by 4 grid. The grid is arranged as follows:
A1 A2 A3 A4
B1 B2 B3 B4
C1 C2 C3 C4
D1 D2 D3 D4
With the help of the given rules and clues, you have to figure out which box contains which digit.
The rules are:
1: No row or column can have the same digit appearing more than once.
2: 0 (Zero) is not permissible.
3: Empty spaces cannot contain any digit. They are empty.
And the clues are:
1. The empty spaces are A3, A4, B4, C1, D1 and D2.
2. The sum of digits in row A equal 10.
3. The sum of digits in row B equal 19.
4. The sum of digits in row C equal 18.
5. The sum of digits in row D equal 3.
6. The sum of digits in column 1 equal 4.
7. The sum of digits in column 2 equal 24.
8. The sum of digits in column 3 equal 18.
9. The sum of digits in column 4 equal 4.
Now figure out which box contains which digit and do not forget the rules.
HintA number can be present more than once in the grid, but not the same row or column.
AnswerThe solution grid looks like this:
The digits are laid out as follows:
A1: 1, A2: 9, A3: Blank, A4: Blank
B1: 3, B2: 7, B3: 9, B4: Blank,
C1: Blank, C2: 8, C3: 7, C4: 3
D1: Blank, D2: Blank, D3: 2, D4: 1
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top