Best In ShowLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Five dogs recently competed for best in show in the local kennel club. Each dog belonged to a different AKC group, preferred a different kind of treat, and wore a different color lead. Can you determine each dog's group, lead color, favorite treat, and the place he or she took in the show?
Note: The Rhodesian Ridgeback is a member of the Hound Group.
1. The dog with the red lead finished before the dog who liked chicken bites, but after the dog that belonged to the herding group (who is not Sadie).
2. The dog that placed third was not Rusty (who is a working dog).
3. The sporting dog placed just ahead of the one with a pink lead, and somewhere behind Charlie (who didn't like rawhide treats).
4. The hound did not like the beef or liver treats.
5. Rusty did not wear the blue lead.
6. Wags, who hated Scooby snacks, was a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and his handler hated the color green, so she would never let him wear a green lead.
7. Neither Pharaoh nor Sadie liked Scooby snacks or wore green.
8. The herding dog, who hated beef biscuits, had a blue lead for good luck, but did not take first place.
9. The 3rd place dog did not wear a red lead.
10. Pharaoh is not a sporting dog.
11. The five dogs in order of rank, from 1st to 5th, were:
The one who ate Scooby snacks, Charlie, the one who loved beef biscuits, the sporting dog, and the one with the pink lead.
AnswerRusty - Working - Green - Scooby Snacks - 1st
Charlie - Herding - Blue - Liver Cubes- 2nd
Pharaoh - Toy - Purple - Beef Biscuits - 3rd
Sadie - Sporting - Red - Rawhide Chews - 4th
Wags - Hound - Pink - Chicken Bites - 5th
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top