A Few New Family MembersLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
For their birthdays, 5 girls each received a cat as a present. Each cat was a different color and age, and was given by someone very close to the girl. Find out which cat belonged to which girl, what its name, age, and color were, and who sent each cat.
Girls: Lisa, Michelle, Nicole, Olivia, Paula
Cats: Cinnamon, KitKat, Midnight, Tiger, Tunafish
Colors: White, Brown, Black, Ginger, Striped
Ages: 2 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, 2 years
Senders: Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Best Friend
1. No girl shares an initial with their cat.
2. Nicole's sister doesn't like stripes, so Nicole received a cat half the age of Paula's, but a little older than Tunafish.
3. The 5 girls are: Lisa, the one with the 2-year-old cat, the girl who owns KitKat, the girl whose dad bought a cat, and Michelle.
4. The white cat is 9 months old.
5. Michelle's cat has a "fishy" name, while Lisa's is named for a spice.
6. Each girl gave their cat a meaningful name.
7. Paula has been deathly afraid of tigers since she was little.
8. The 5 cats are: Tunafish, the 2 month old cat, Nicole's cat, the one given by a friend, and Olivia's cat.
9. Michelle is an only child.
Hint"Meaningful" means the cat's name has some relation to the cat's color.
Paula-Midnight-Black-2 yrs.-Best Friend
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top