After School ActivitiesLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Five parents pick up their children at the Parkway Elementary School every Tuesday to bring the kids to their after school activity. Five children all attended a different after school activity and their parents always arrive at different times (between 3:00 pm and 3:30 pm).
Child's name: Colleen, Donald, Josh, Margie, and Mary
Parent's name: Ann, Capri, Kathy, David and Lynne
Last Name: Dobson, Holden, Johnson, Steinway, and Walsh
Times picked up: 3:00, 3:10, 3:20, 3:25, and 3:30
Activities: ballet, chess, fencing, football, and hiking.
Determine each child's full name, the first name of the parent picking them up (all the parents' last names are the same as their child's), the time each was picked up, and the activity each child is being brought to.
1. Margie's best friend's mother, Mrs. Dobson, arrived before Kathy came to pick up her son. Mrs. Walsh picked up her daughter for fencing.
2. Josh Steinway loved football as much as Donald liked chess and they both liked being the last two to be picked up.
3. David Holden picked up his daughter for her hiking as soon as he could, but Lynne was always there before he was.
4. Margie liked being the first one picked up but she didn't take ballet or hiking.
5. Lynne's daughter was not Margie.
6. In order of their departure from school: Ann, the girl who took ballet, Mary Holden, the boy who took football, and Capri Johnson.
HintColleen is a girl's name
AnswerColleen Dobson: Lynne, 3:10, ballet
Donald Johnson: Capri, 3:30, chess
Josh Steinway: Kathy, 3:25, football
Margie Walsh: Ann, 3:00 pm, fencing
Mary Holden: David, 3:20 pm, hiking
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top