Brain Teasers Optical Illusions Puzzle Hunts Codes & Ciphers Mechanical Puzzles
Personal Links
Browse Teasers
Search Teasers

Men with Earrings

Math brain teasers require computations to solve.

 

Puzzle ID:#2566
Fun:*** (2.49)
Difficulty:** (1.35)
Category:Math
Submitted By:204_blaze_41****
Corrected By:MarcM1098

 

 

 



There is a certain club which is for men only. There are 600 men who belong to this club and 5% of these men wear one earring. Of the other 95% membership, half wear two earrings and the other half wear none. How many earrings are being worn in this club?

Open Calculator

Answer

Six hundred. We know that 5%, or 30 people of the men are wearing one earring. Of the other 95%, 570, we know that half are wearing two earrings and the other half none. This is the same as if they all wore one.
Hide




What Next?

  
  

See another brain teaser just like this one...

Or, just get a random brain teaser

If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.

 


Comments

cathalmccabe
Apr 03, 2002

A maths question?
bighippo4*
Apr 04, 2002

aNot bad
Fatlingon
Apr 11, 2002

That was a really cool one... Good work!
BoldGold
Jul 16, 2002

easy.
electronjohn*us*
Dec 04, 2002

What type of mens club has that many ear rings?
Good question though. I liked the short cut way to solve it.
smileysteve**
Mar 10, 2003

yawn yawn yawn
Sane**
Mar 06, 2005

That was very scary...
javaguru*us*
Mar 11, 2009

Why bother figuring out how many wore just one earring? The answer was perhaps a little to obvious? Maybe use the same idea, but put something more interesting in from of the math.

Back to Top
   


Online Now
8 users and 688 guests

Users In Chat
Aviator
Follow Braingle!
Fold 'N Fly Paper Airplanes
Easy to follow folding instructions and videos.
Copyright © 1999-2017 | FAQ | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise | Braingle Time: 9:09 am
Sign In Create a free account