Astronomy Club ReunionLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
John hadn't seen the other members of the Copernicus High School Astronomy Club since graduation, so he was surprised to run into all 5 of them while on vacation in Cape Town, South Africa. During a night of stargazing from Table Mountain, the men reminisced about their school days and shared details of their current lives. By the next morning, John had forgotten most of what he had been told. From the following information, can you piece together each astronomy club member's last name with his occupation, his city of residence and the organization to which he belongs?
Last names: Cooper, Crater, Miller, Sutter, Weaver
Occupations: Carpenter, Mason, Painter, Sculptor, Writer
Cities of Residence: Biloxi, Mississipi; Dallas, Texas; Houston, Texas; Mobile, Alabama; Phoenix, Arizona
Organizations: Braingle, Kiwanis, Lions, Mensa, Rotary
1. Mr Weaver (who isn't the sculptor) isn't a member of Mensa and doesn't live in Texas.
2. The writer (who isn't from Phoenix) isn't a member of Braingle or Rotary.
3. The three members of the service organizations (Kiwanis, Lions and Rotary) are Mr Sutter, the carpenter and the man from Dallas.
4. The painter (who isn't the Lions Club member) and the man from Biloxi played in the school band together.
5. The sculptor (who isn't Mr Miller) and the man from Dallas were in Mrs Webster's English class.
6. Mr Sutter (who isn't the sculptor) was in the same homeroom as the man from Houston.
7. Neither the man from Mobile nor the man from Phoenix (who isn't Mr Cooper) has an account on Braingle.
8. The man from Houston isn't a member of Mensa or Braingle.
9. Mr Miller (who isn't a Rotarian), the carpenter and the writer were three of the starting players of the varsity basketball team.
AnswerFrom clue 3, the Kiwanian, the Lion and the Rotarian are, in some order, Sutter, the carpenter and the man from Dallas. The man from Houston must be one of these people (clue 8), but isn't from Dallas, and isn't Sutter (clue 6), and so must be the carpenter. The man with the account on Braingle isn't from Mobile or Phoenix (clue 7), so must be from Biloxi. Weaver doesn't live in either Houston or Dallas, and he isn't in Mensa (clue 1), so he must be a Braingler. Weaver isn't the painter (clue 4) or the writer (clue 2), so he must be the mason. The sculptor isn't Sutter (clue 6) or the man from Dallas (clue 5), so he isn't in a service organization, but he isn't Weaver (clue 1), so he must be in Mensa. Miller isn't the carpenter, the writer (clue 9) or the sculptor (clue 5), so he is the painter and must be from Dallas; he isn't a Rotarian (clue 9) or a Lions Club member (clue 4), so he is with Kiwanis. Since Sutter must be the writer, the sculptor must be from Phoenix (clue 2), and Sutter must be from Mobile. Cooper cannot be the sculptor (clue 7), so he is the carpenter, leaving Crater as the sculptor. The writer isn't with Rotary (clue 2), so he is in the Lions Club, and the carpenter is the Rotarian.
Cooper is a carpenter from Houston and a member of Rotary.
Crater is a sculptor from Phoenix and a member of Mensa.
Miller is a painter from Dallas and a member of Kiwanis.
Sutter is a writer from Mobile and a member of the Lions Club.
Weaver is a mason from Biloxi and a member of Braingle.
Fun fact: Crater, Sculptor, Phoenix and Mensa are all Southern Hemisphere constellations.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top