Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

Who's the Boss Game #2949

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by Mathgeek007. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting / Memo Discussion
This game finished in 7 rounds.

Discussion of Round #5

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

AuthorMessage
Mathgeek007tca


Posted: 08:11PM May 13, 2013

NORMAL RULES
You must post at least once a round.
You must vote.
You must RFM if possible.
You must follow all the rules in the "Old Rules" and "New Rules" section of each first post.

NEWS
Two people with strikes have been fired.
A noble player has decided to remove one of Seekr's strikes.
Will she remove her own again? Or save Jayo the agony?

STRIKES
HABS X X X
Jayo X
Seekrgirl X

OLD RULES
You must CAPSLOCK whenever you mention/address a player's name in any way. This also applies for nicknames. ie: I will fishvote for MATHGEEK.
You must use PERFECT grammar for every post. The ONLY exception is the boss memos.
No editing.
No numbers. Ever.

NEW RULES
You may not use the words "vote", "fire", "mandatory", "boss", or "rat".


---This message was edited on 2013-05-14 12:55:02---

Parents are supposed to "protect" their kids, but there's a real distinction between protection and unrealistically keeping children away from reality. - Life_Sucks --- One of my teasers was featured as the Teaser of the Day! :D Sept. 18 2011 :D YAY!
Back to Top 
Mathgeek007tca


Posted: 08:13PM May 13, 2013

LOOK IN NEWS SECTION FOR IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS.

Parents are supposed to "protect" their kids, but there's a real distinction between protection and unrealistically keeping children away from reality. - Life_Sucks --- One of my teasers was featured as the Teaser of the Day! :D Sept. 18 2011 :D YAY!
Back to Top 
seekrgrlAus


Posted: 08:37PM May 13, 2013

ill cave 4

"Could you imagine how horrible things would be if we always told others how we felt? Life would be intolerably beriable."
Back to Top 
FaithDushkuAus


Posted: 11:06PM May 13, 2013

seekrgrl wrote:
ill cave 4


Thanks for taking the hit, SEEKR! Hopefully we'll get some good news (that the mouse is gone). If not, at least we'll know what we're dealing with.

At this point, with four people left, for me it is between JAYO and OMAR. I'll wait to see what we find out about the mouse, before selecting someone.

On a side note, I really enjoy this game, with the rules and restrictions. It really makes me think about what I'm posting and what I'm saying, and I like that. I feel like it adds another layer of challenge to the game. My current goal is to get the head honcho and have the employees win the game, without incurring any strikes. I feel like if we can get it right this round, we've got it in the bag.


Five-by-Five...
Back to Top 
OmarDAus


Posted: 11:13PM May 13, 2013

Safety for JAYO. Also, thanks SEEKRGRL! That information will definitely be valuable. SEEKRGRL has been cleared which leaves only me, FAITH, and JAYO. I included myself because what FAITH said in the last round is completely correct. It isn't enough to state that you aren't the mastermind. Sorry about that last round everyone! I knew I wasn't going to be able to post for the rest of the round, so I just put all of my theories out there. Sorry MATHGEEK. I shouldn't have thought that you wouldn't be treating every player fairly in terms of the strikes that you give out. The good thing is that it started some discussion. With that said, we need to make sure that we all choose the same person because this may or may not be the last round. I'm going to wait until the information pertaining to the snitch (for lack of a better word) is revealed. You came up with hard rules MATHGEEK!
Back to Top 
OmarDAus


Posted: 11:15PM May 13, 2013

Mouse is such a great word for that person! I should've used that instead of snitch! That makes more sense.
Back to Top 
JayoAie


Posted: 07:44AM May 14, 2013

I believe our Overseer must be either OMAR or FAITH.
OMAR has made a couple of accusations in my direction and I think maybe he must be the Mouse and is protecting FAITH.
Either that or FAITH is OMAR's mouse but for now I believe I shall trust that FAITH is the Overseer.
I believe that SEEKER'S sacrifice is enough to show that she is neither Mouse nor Overseer.

I am happy with my decision regarding FAITH and I hope you shall join me SEEKER.
I don't think we can trust OMAR.


Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Back to Top 
FaithDushkuAus


Posted: 08:33AM May 14, 2013

Well, this may well be the end, as JAYO said. It's hard, because like I said earlier, I know that me saying I'm not the overseer (to use JAYO's word) doesn't do any good. However, I know that I'm not the overseer, but it's hard to defend yourself (because no one would believe you if you say you're not).

So, I go back to my original thought which is that it's either JAYO or OMAR. I agree that SEEKR is probably not the mouse, because she wouldn't sacrifice herself if she was. I see why JAYO is suspicious of OMAR, but I don't feel like I've been anything less than helpful this game.

Therefore, I am thinking that this is JAYO's last attempt to win the game. I saw this in one of my last werewolf games where one of the wolves threw a human under the bus, and just needed his fellow wolf and another human to finish the game. Unfortunately, they managed to get a human to go along with their plan, and it was game over.

We need a majority or we don't win, correct? I am putting in my selection for JAYO now. I guess we'll see how it all plays out.


Five-by-Five...
Back to Top 
seekrgrlAus


Posted: 10:08AM May 14, 2013

I am waiting until MATH reveals the information before I make another move. I hope he gets on soon. You are all making valid points and until we have more information I will reserve judgement.

"Could you imagine how horrible things would be if we always told others how we felt? Life would be intolerably beriable."
Back to Top 
Mathgeek007tca


Posted: 12:30PM May 14, 2013

Reveals what information? Do you want to inflict the strikes on yourself?
The Mouse is Living.


---This message was edited on 2013-05-14 12:33:22---

Parents are supposed to "protect" their kids, but there's a real distinction between protection and unrealistically keeping children away from reality. - Life_Sucks --- One of my teasers was featured as the Teaser of the Day! :D Sept. 18 2011 :D YAY!
Back to Top 
Mathgeek007tca


Posted: 12:35PM May 14, 2013

FaithDushku wrote:
I saw this in one of my last werewolf games where one of the wolves threw a human under the bus, and just needed his fellow wolf and another human to finish the game. Unfortunately, they managed to get a human to go along with their plan, and it was game over.


This seems a lot like the Cab / Harry / Math game...


Parents are supposed to "protect" their kids, but there's a real distinction between protection and unrealistically keeping children away from reality. - Life_Sucks --- One of my teasers was featured as the Teaser of the Day! :D Sept. 18 2011 :D YAY!
Back to Top 
FaithDushkuAus


Posted: 01:19PM May 14, 2013

Mathgeek007 wrote:
FaithDushku wrote:
I saw this in one of my last werewolf games where one of the wolves threw a human under the bus, and just needed his fellow wolf and another human to finish the game. Unfortunately, they managed to get a human to go along with their plan, and it was game over.


This seems a lot like the Cab / Harry / Math game...


MATH, I believe SEEKR had two errors in her post, so she assumed that she had two strikes against her. Does she only get one strike because they were both in the same post?

So she (and we) were waiting for the information regarding the mouse.

As for the werewolf game, it was actually a WITTYKITTY / NICATS / MOCHA game, although I'm sure the game played out in a similar fashion.


Five-by-Five...
Back to Top 
seekrgrlAus


Posted: 01:42PM May 14, 2013

It looks like I am going to be the one to make the decision and no one is clear. OMAR, who are you accusing?

"Could you imagine how horrible things would be if we always told others how we felt? Life would be intolerably beriable."
Back to Top 
OmarDAus


Posted: 01:59PM May 14, 2013

This has been one of the most intense games that I have ever played! I just have a safety on JAYO. I was waiting for the mouse to be revealed before I made my final decision. If it was DCF, then I would definitely believe that the overseer is JAYO because the last round, he said that after we clear WHEELS, then we should clear FAITH and he never even mentioned anything about clearing JAYO. Is the offer of revealing the mouse still on the table if someone gets two strikes?
Back to Top 
seekrgrlAus


Posted: 02:24PM May 14, 2013

I believe that JAYO is not the overseer. That leaves OMAR or FAITH and I can't decide which I believe less. I think that I am going to accuse OMAR for now.

"Could you imagine how horrible things would be if we always told others how we felt? Life would be intolerably beriable."
Back to Top 
OmarDAus


Posted: 02:46PM May 14, 2013

We can't be divided! This may be the last round!

FAITH - JAYO
JAYO - FAITH
OMAR - JAYO
SEEKRGRL - OMAR

If you believe that JAYO is not the overseer, I will change my ballot to FAITH. I have no proof that FAITH is or isn't the overseer. I just thought that she wasn't because of a gut feeling, but we need to vote together for the same person or it'll do us no good. (On a side note, I just want to apologize again! I get a little paranoid in later rounds.)
Back to Top 
FaithDushkuAus


Posted: 03:08PM May 14, 2013

seekrgrl wrote:
I believe that JAYO is not the overseer. That leaves OMAR or FAITH and I can't decide which I believe less. I think that I am going to accuse OMAR for now.


If you think that the overseer is more likely OMAR than JAYO, I am willing to change my selection to OMAR. We can go in with a fifty/fifty selection of OMAR and myself. If JAYO switches to OMAR, then we'd have a clear majority.

Although, of course, someone's selection is not going to count, so our numbers will be slightly skewed either way.

I just know that it's not me, and I don't think it's SEEKR (since we cleared you). However, I don't want to lose this game by splitting our selections, and I know that a vote for me will be a win for the overseer, which is frustrating since we're so close to winning the game.

So for now I will switch my vote to OMAR. I trust SEEKR more than I trust either JAYO or OMAR.

The question becomes whether who JAYO trusts the most.

In addition, a side note to JAYO's theory that OMAR is the mouse and that I am the overseer: If OMAR was the mouse, wouldn't it make sense for OMAR to stick with his selection for JAYO (or fake selection) and let the game end? OMAR wanting to switch and select me as the overseer would be a really bad mouse move, don't you think? So that tells me that OMAR is probably the overseer and is scared of losing the game. Granted, I still question JAYO, but OMAR is definitely not playing a good mouse game, if JAYO's theory of me being the overseer and him being the mouse is correct.So I see that fear as an indication that OMAR is afraid that I will vote with SEEKR against him, and then he'll lose the game.


Five-by-Five...
Back to Top 
OmarDAus


Posted: 03:17PM May 14, 2013

There's only 5 hours left in the round! Either way that this round pans out, I just want to applaud everyone! This has been one pretty amazing game!
Back to Top 
OmarDAus


Posted: 04:54PM May 14, 2013

Okay we need to state who we are accusing, and hope that there is one more round. I am going to say that JAYO is the overseer, and I will cast my ballot accordingly.
Back to Top 
JayoAie


Posted: 05:58PM May 14, 2013

Guys I am not the Overseer and if we all go for FAITH then we have a Rodent proof majority!
I don't think the memos sound like me at all so please don't waste your ballots.

We ascertained that SEEK is clear of being the Overseer.
She is not cleared of being the Rodent but I doubt she is. It is possible I suppose but I doubt it.

OMAR is either the Overseer or the Rodent I think. Based on this I am more interested in who FAITH and SEEK think is worthy of my ballot.

FAITH is either a regular Joe or the Overseer I think.
For the moment my finger points at FAITH.



I'm not the Overseer


This has indeed been an interesting game!


Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Back to Top 
seekrgrlAus


Posted: 06:16PM May 14, 2013

I am going to cast my ballot for OMAR. FAITH has also agreed to do so. JAYO if you don't join us we won't be able to form a majority on anyone because OMAR won't accuse FAITH. Our best bet is to accuse OMAR

"Could you imagine how horrible things would be if we always told others how we felt? Life would be intolerably beriable."
Back to Top 
Mathgeek007tca


Posted: 06:51PM May 14, 2013

I would like to say I hid in white text in a previous post stating the "mouse" is alive. Nobody seemed to catch it.

Yeah, this game could very well end in an hour. GG, everybody. Was fun to moderate!


Parents are supposed to "protect" their kids, but there's a real distinction between protection and unrealistically keeping children away from reality. - Life_Sucks --- One of my teasers was featured as the Teaser of the Day! :D Sept. 18 2011 :D YAY!
Back to Top 

 



   



Users in Chat : sciencesteven 

Online Now: 8 users and 669 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account