Fruits and VeggiesLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Identify the fruits and vegetables from the following clues:
(Don't assume that you know how part of a clue is pronounced. There may be more than one way!)
1. "Mom, may we please go outside? Will you please let us play? PLEASE! PLEASE!"
2. Another name for a taxi + the rings in a tree indicate what? = ___________________.
3. A pool stick + C + a burnt brownish color = ______________________.
4. Your mother pairs socks at the toes.
5. A drink + me + the end of the word "talon" = _____________________.
Explanation of each answer:
1. The words "let us" point to lettuce.
2. Cab is another name for a taxi, and the rings in a tree tell its age. When we combine cab and age, cabbage is the result.
3. A pool stick is called a cue stick. Burnt umber is a brownish color. When we combine cue, c, and umber, cucumber is the result.
4. Mating socks is an expression for pairing socks. When mating socks at the toes, tomato is the result.
5. Water is a drink. When we combine water, me, and "lon", watermelon is the result.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top