Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2872

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by Rhythmic. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 9 rounds.

Discussion of Round #3

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

AuthorMessage
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 02:20AM Feb 10, 2013

RFM
-----
Asteroidbelt and kitty-cat were human. Neither one was the seer.

Story
The second day of the journey was filled with strife. Accusations, defenses, and heated arguments were abundant. People logged their votes of who should be next to endure the Silver B on consoles throughout the ship. As the back and forth between The_Spider and Python continued, it was noticed that Asteroidbelt had logged a vote, but had not joined in the discussions/arguments. The battles in the common area continued, but Asteroidbelt had brought a number of votes his way.

At the end of the day, Asteroidbelt had the most votes. Captain Rhythmic took Asteroidbelt to the Silver B. Asteroidbelt remained silent and his eyes closed as he entered stasis.

At breakfast, Rhythmic wondered if the bad mojo from the previous day would continue or not. After everyone had seated, Rhythmic looked to see if anyone was missing. Kitty-cat was not there. Rhythmic went to Kitty-cat's cain and and checked the readings from the Silver B. She was indeed gone and Asteroidbelt was human.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 04:46:45---
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 02:29AM Feb 10, 2013

Not trying to continue the discussions surrounding PYTHON and Spider, but seriously PYTHON pull your head in. Stop being pathetic and sulky by asking to be taken out of the game. You have a responsibility by joining this game to play to your teams advantage, and getting upset over your disagreements with Spider is just ridiculous. Accept that you are wrong, which you pretty much have shown anyway by having absolutely no argument and having no evidence presented to back up your points. If you can't deal with someone going strongly against you, human or wolf, you shouldn't be playing. Stop being a sulk, man up and actually move on and continue playing this game. I think you seem human so just deal with that. It's a game, your discussions have probably shown both yours and Dan's humanity, so accept that and just leave it.

As for everyone getting "uncomfortable" with their back and forth posts, . No need to be so PC in this game. It's about digging about and getting reactions, mulling about gets you no where.

Spider claiming he's human by saying he wouldn't eat Harry makes him human. He wouldn't outright use it as an excuse for his humanity and lie about it. You will see that in the game he did in fact eat Harry night one, he never used it to promote his humanity. And it's not us "buddying", it's keeping people who deserve to have a longer game in the game, as people like Harry and Spider get eaten first A LOT in games with people we don't usually play with (this being a perfect example), it's not us saying that Harry is our friend, therefore we would not eat him.

Now everyone can chill out, and PYTHON you can stop being so overly sensitive in this game. Leave your emotions out of it, this isn't personal...

I am going to put an SPV in for now, as I don't have a strong suspicion yet, but I will change my vote later to someone I suspect.
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 04:47AM Feb 10, 2013

Identities and story posted.

---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 06:12:11---

"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 05:21AM Feb 10, 2013

GreenApples all you've done with your post is perpetuate a petty squabble that was already over. Do you want this to drag out over the whole game? Its already put a bit of a cloud over it and by continuing it, you are only making it worse, especially so by taking sides. The best way to stop someone from sulking certainly isnt by telling them to do so! Can we please consider this officially over so we can continue with the game? If anyone says anything more, I'm out.

Placing a vote for BR. I felt they were most suspicious last round.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:32AM Feb 10, 2013

Ok, moving on from last round

I would think PYTHON is human mainly cause him (or anyone) would not want to raise the 'stakes' so high if he was a wolf, cause then my gloating would be far too intolerable

Have a few ideas kicking around, Snow's post had me a little curious, I had thought Kal was a good vote cause she was in a hurry to save Python, but if Python is human that chain breaks........I'll just SPV for now

Asteroid posted 5 characters in 2 rounds, I'm leery of those who had the oppurtunity to vote her and didn't, since a wolf would not want to needlessly be in a human (Edit BR was one such player but im not feeling strong enough to start a maj about it now)

and the correlary, those who did stick their necks out, Werdna/Izzie are lower on my list


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 08:01:08---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 07:52AM Feb 10, 2013

Morning everyone.
Placing a SPV for now.

Kitty? Weird.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 08:15AM Feb 10, 2013

It's Chinese New Year. Don't have much time. That's what I don't like about being in the same game as lots of good players like GA, HP and Spider. There's so much to read and so little I understand.

SPV for now.

Edit: actually, I think I'll go with Wedna's suspicion of Blackest. I suspect him whenever I'm in the same game as him, but whatever.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 08:24:27---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 09:19AM Feb 10, 2013

Good morning! For now, will place an SPV. Will change if need be. Will wait till more posts are made though, before I decide whether to or not. Kitty getting eaten doesn't make sense. She's been fairly quiet so far. Hmmmm . . . .

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
Izzie*


Posted: 09:31AM Feb 10, 2013

SPV.

added:
for catman


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 09:32:53---

˙ǝızzı(p) ¿y ahora? the new refrigerator came. If you need me, i will be playing in the box.
Back to Top 
catmandonAus


Posted: 09:33AM Feb 10, 2013

KITTY GONE???

Will be back after work to re-read all.
SPV for now


The early bird gets the worm,but the second rat gets the cheese..
Back to Top 
Blackest_Red*


Posted: 09:34AM Feb 10, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
I dont really think BR is as good choice as asteroid (by a good amount) BR lets help eachother out, vote Asteroid, and me and my "clique" wont be forced to consider voting you
Spider, I did see your "offer" until after the round had ended.


JQPublic wrote:
. . .

Edit: actually, I think I'll go with Wedna's suspicion of Blackest. I suspect him whenever I'm in the same game as him, but whatever.
And you are always wrong.
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 09:35AM Feb 10, 2013

And you are always wrong.


Yeah, and the one time I didn't suspect you, you were a wolf.


'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 10:24AM Feb 10, 2013

its late right now, and i got an exam tomorrow. so i put in a quick random vote. will see if i can get online again before round ends. most likely not.

Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
Blackest_Red*


Posted: 10:25AM Feb 10, 2013

My SPV did not register earlier, but it is there now -for Longhorn.
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 11:37AM Feb 10, 2013

The aim of my post wasn't to perpetuate anything, Werdna, it was to explain how I thought last round made both Spider and PYTHON likely humans, and to stop PYTHON from sulking which I can only assume he's doing right now. And who cares if I'm perpetuating it anyway? It is gaining us information about some players, and you guys need to stop playing the same old boring game styles anyway. Just because something makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean you have to shy away from it. Be daring, it's not like we have to feel as if we're walking on egg shells...
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 11:39AM Feb 10, 2013

GA - It is not about being PC. It is about making a point and moving on, not making the same boorish point 8 times. Also, I don't think we can assume anything about spider. He plays the same way, whether human, wolf or seer. This is why he confuses me so well.

I am surprised python is here. Maybe he is not as human as I thought. SPV izzie. No reason. I am glad that more people are posting. I am considering the JQ / Red exchange.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 11:44:22---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 11:56AM Feb 10, 2013

I did find Pythns probing about how active Asteroid normally is a bit forced, since regardless, 5 characters in 2 rounds (while joining majority no less) is grounds to be voted off, but perhaps I am not an objective on that matter

I don't know anything about BR, so I don't know what to make of him, doesn't really strike me as wolfish but I can't really say


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 12:09PM Feb 10, 2013

Yeah, okay I held my tongue long enough & was trying to be PC with my original post but PYTHON's argument is completely valid and one that was supported (at least in the beginning) by everyone who was uncomfortable with the arguing. There is a subgroup in this game of players who like to engage in the same games as each other - those involved have mentioned said group themselves numerous times. Saying "so & so wouldn't eat that person because they like a challenge" is insulting to the other players not mentioned who also like a challenge. Bringing up past strategies can be helpful, but discussing a past game or insinuating that those you've not played with are somehow "lesser" than you is uncalled for.

Now I know you will respond with a "chill out, where is this coming from you're so wrong" post & I will then respond with THE LARGEST post in the WORLD reciting the entire game up to this point. So let's cut the conversation now & continue on: LET US LOOK AT THE ACTIONS WITHIN THIS GAME AND GO FROM THERE, shall we? Because if you play the same way every time, then you are NOT a good player; How's that for "PC"?

And for the record - wolves tend to be overly offensive, so Spider & PYTHON are not cleared because of their argument (if you'd like to test it again, keep on this conversation & see how amicable I stay) I am on "TEAM PYTHON" if we're going to be so juvenile as to interfere - Spider is the one who is over-reacting with passive-aggressive smiley faces pasted next to thinly-veiled insults (that weren't only directed at PYTHON).

BACK TO THE GAME:

Spider Wrote:
Asteroid posted 5 characters in 2 rounds, I'm leery of those who had the oppurtunity to vote her and didn't, since a wolf would not want to needlessly be in a human (Edit BR was one such player but im not feeling strong enough to start a maj about it now)


This isn't a complete thought is it? Asteroid barely posted so you suspect anyone who didn't vote for her because she was inactive and TURNED OUT TO BE HUMAN? Wow, that's REALLY suspicious And Blackest_Red is within your list of those you're "leery" about yet you don't feel strong enough to vote for him yourself? So if we end up shooting BR and you're not in the majority, should we then be leery of you? Not to mention this "majority" on Asteroid was all of 5 players - it would make more sense for wolves to jump on a human majority, so those who voted for her should be just as suspicious, if not more...

Kitty-cat and Harry Putter being eaten clearly shows that the wolves are messing with us and quite possibly from the Spider/Harry/Green/Longhorn group for the very reason they said themselves last round:

Longhorn_Fan wrote:
I think the eating clears Spider/Green/Longhorn

Eating Harry round one is not our style....Perhaps the wolves thought eating Harry would point fingers in a specific direction.


The_Spider wrote:
Well I ate Harry last game in Round 1....I would generally not eat any strong/active players early, regardless of what 'group' they are a part of..with certain tactical exceptions I suppose.


PYTHON asked to be taken out of the game, yet the wolves decided the distraction he and Spider have created was too good to pass up (just like in those Reality TV shows where they keep the crazy person b/c it keeps the viewers tuned in). Not saying all of them are the wolves, but it's likely one of them is & is using their history to hide behind.

EDIT to vote for PYTHON - to prove my stance on the argument in Round 2 has nothing to do with the actual game at hand.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 12:12:58---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 12:18PM Feb 10, 2013

You know if you guys want me to 'drop' the discussion from the previous round, continuing to bring it up with your little editorial comments does not help matter. I'm fine for dropping, but that means it closed, not a chance for you to drop free little shots in and expect me not to stick up for myself... I insulted one person, and that was after a long drawn out argument and hardly a one way street, any critique of playing style or post is not an insult.


I specifically included snow and bradon in my argument to say I don't eat good players, regardless of the group. Some players are better than others, that's just the way it is, and usually its not even about better, it's about active..good and active usually go hand in hand in this game, and I allow those players to go further.

This isn't a complete thought is it? Asteroid barely posted so you suspect anyone who didn't vote for her because she was inactive and TURNED OUT TO BE HUMAN? Wow, that's REALLY suspicious And Blackest_Red is within your list of those you're "leery" about yet you don't feel strong enough to vote for him yourself? So if we end up shooting BR and you're not in the majority, should we then be leery of you? Not to mention this "majority" on Asteroid was all of 5 players - it would make more sense for wolves to jump on a human majority, so those who voted for her should be just as suspicious, if not more...


Yes, it's a complete thought and the logic is faultless (though that doesnt mean the conclusions are right). Those of us who play WWG from bell to bell know how the wolves react in the early rounds. You can PC it up all you want, but given the choice between me and Asteroid, it was one of the easiest choices ever presented. Wolves don't like to jump onto human majorities if they dont have to. Seeing how Asteroid was an obvious choice, a wolf would be far more likely than a human to just let the vote stand.

You left an important part out of your BR analogy, the fact that there was a really bad choice as his alternative. I think GA is human, if its 4-3 BR to GA, you can be damn sure Im voting BR. If it's 4-3 BR/JJ, no I might stick out of it. Which makes a critical difference to the argument at hand. As I know I'm human, the wolves had NO need to jump on majorites cause no wolf was in danger? So yes, it is more likely those that had the oppurtunity to vote but declined should be viewed with some suspicioun. I thought BR was on after my proposal, but perhaps he didn't see my post as he stated, in which case, I really wouldnt be so suspicious of him.

You don't have to like my attitude but I wasnt born yesterday and I damn sure know how this game is played, by both humans and wolves.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 12:59:11---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 01:04PM Feb 10, 2013

I am switching to Catman. He is way too quiet this game, besides, I don't think any votes on spider or python are warranted.
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 01:16PM Feb 10, 2013

Did some selective reading of this round's posts.

The thing that bothers me most about the Harry eating is that it's presupposed by some other players that only they wouldn't eat a good, active player in Round 1. You may not play with the others of us regularly, but that doesn't mean that rest of us are cowards who aim for the clever people as soon as we can. It's not a novel idea to avoid eating strong players; you're not special.

I will say, though, it is an excellent play by the wolves. Look how much distraction that caused! And now they eat a quieter, perhaps less active player (though kitty is far from an inactive one). I would expect nothing less from such an experienced group of players. If it weren't for the long diatribes spattered with unwelcome snark, this'd remind me of the games of "old."

I don't suspect either Spider or PYTHON as wolves, and I think that's something we're all mostly in agreement on. However, I have no clue who the wolves could be at this point. They're likely the ones hanging out in the middle range of activity/vocalization. Say, someone like JQ? I'll place a vote on him for now; it's mostly a SPV, but I'm hesitant to join a majority on someone else since I don't suspect those people.


"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 01:28PM Feb 10, 2013

My lord, I'm not saying me or Spider or Harry or anyone is a better player than any of you. I mean obviously some, yes, but the argument is that he is reliable and we know for certain he is. And the reason I am telling you the eating makes Spider human is because he used it as a defense. He would not use it to defend himself unless he was human, that's the type of player both Spider and I are. Even though TWG is a game of deception, we just can't bring ourselves to do it... I don't know if it's a dignity thing, or integrity. I don't know.

But Yuffie, honestly you need to understand that my views on Spider aren't from a "buddy" point of view, or a view of arrogance, they're a view from having played TWG a lot of times with him, and he and I are both very experienced, and very experienced at playing with each other as well.

And Elios, we're not saying only us wouldn't eat Harry, we just know for certain we wouldn't, so we're voicing that so everyone else can hear. If you know anyone else you're certain that wouldn't, by all means voice that. You can't get insulted that we have voiced it and you haven't.

EDIT: Anyway, I do however agree with your vote, Elios. JQ's post this round reminds me of when he was a wolf with me. He kept talking about how the other players were better than him and that he didn't follow everything we were saying, and he won us the game by that viewpoint, and his post at the beginning of the round definitely sounds like him in that game, so logging a vote in for JQ.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 13:33:05---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 01:32PM Feb 10, 2013

We never said we were special and we're not the ones obsessing over the subject, all Ive done is try to clarify misconeptions about what we meant by our view of the Harry eating. Try not to read insults into everything I said, believe it or not, unless it's quite overt, it's not there. Just cause I didnt mention every single player I dont think would eat Harry, doesnt mean there's only a handful that I dont think would. All Ive done is defended my stance and rationale on night eatings, and pointed out its foolish and needlessly risky for ANY wolf to eat the same person twice in back to back round/games

Edit: GA if you'll recall I was the final human shot in that game for acting a bit like I am now


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 13:45:04---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 01:48PM Feb 10, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
You know if you guys want me to 'drop' the discussion from the previous round, continuing to bring it up with your little editorial comments does not help matter. I'm fine for dropping, but that means it closed, not a chance for you to drop free little shots in and expect me not to stick up for myself...


Ahh, you mean you get to have the last word on the issue, so YOU can add the "little shots" without us being able to defend ourselves. Okay, yes sir! Perhaps you should pick on abundant usage of sarcasm first! On a related note, do be a dear and censor your own posts - using profanity only increases the aggression in one's posts & it is so terribly off-puttng to my sensitive female constitution.

GreenApples27 wrote:
But Yuffie, honestly you need to understand...


GreenApples27, my post wasn't directed entirely at you, sweetheart. You just gave me the gentle, friendly push needed for me not worry about "walking on eggshells" and being "PC" enough to state my opinion.

And the reason I am telling you the eating makes Spider human is because he used it as a defense. He would not use it to defend himself unless he was human, that's the type of player both Spider and I are. Even though TWG is a game of deception, we just can't bring ourselves to do it... I don't know if it's a dignity thing, or integrity. I don't know.


So you don't see how this above statement implies that those of us who would play the game using deception will have lost our integrity should we say "I would never eat Harry"? Your intention cannot invalidate my opinion. You may not mean it against the other players in this game but the fact that I took it that way cannot be erased just because you "didn't mean it that way".

This game IS about deception. I would never eat an active player unless everyone was active in the game, and then I would eat the least-active out of the group. I know, based on other games, that Elios and Izzie play the same way. So, by your logic based on Spider, we are cleared (assuming Izzie and Elios can vouch for me).

So, a list of all those who are cleared based on the "they said they wouldn't, therefore they MUST be telling the truth b/c they have more dignity and integrity than to lie in a silly online-game:

Elios
GreenApples27
Izzie
Longhorn_fan
The_Spider
Yuffie

So, by Spider and GreenApple's logic - those who have less dignity and integrity to lie about eating an active player are:

21kaldridge21
Blackest_Red
buu441
catmandon
JJPutz
JQPublic
PYTHON
scrub88
snowmonster
Werdna


So, now we simply have to ask the above group: would you eat an active player? And anyone who says "No" must be the wolf!

Scrub88 wrote:
I don't think any votes on spider or python are warranted.


I disagree since PYTHON requested we eat him last round, it's actually entirely warranted, although I do agree it's not deserved.
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 01:52PM Feb 10, 2013

I'm going to double post b/c The_Spider posted while I was replying above:

The_Spider wrote:
pointed out its foolish and needlessly risky for ANY wolf to eat the same person twice in back to back round/games


I don't see how this is foolish. Every game should be treated as a separate entity. Do tell, how many players in that former game are here in this one? So, how many of us are here to think "Spider was a wolf last round & ate Harry, he must be doing it again!" If anything, it seems LESS likely & therefore SAFER to eat him as it can protect you in the very way you're doing right now, by saying it's reckless.


The_Spider wrote:
Yes, it's a complete thought and the logic is faultless
I'm leery of those who had the oppurtunity to vote her and didn't, since a wolf would not want to needlessly be in a human


Oh, I see - so a wolf would not want to be INSIDE a human, got it - thanks

The_Spider wrote:
You don't have to like my attitude but I wasnt born yesterday and I damn sure know how this game is played, by both humans and wolves.


Implying anyone who doesn't agree with you does NOT know how to play the game. Since you were responding to ME, I take this as a slight that you think _I_ do not know how to play the game. You joined Sept 27th 2010. I joined Oct 30th 2008. My records were erased due to my hiatus, but back then I was highly active (even modded quite a bit) and upon my return, I've won a few wolf games as well. So, I also wasn't born yesterday and I too understand the elements to gameplay, both as humans, wolves AND MOD!

Your point is moot and all that's left is your attitude, which you are correct to assume I do not like. Look, I used a smiley, so that means I'm being nice, right?


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 13:56:45---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:04PM Feb 10, 2013

No thats not what I meant considering I let Python have the last word but no you cant both tell someone to drop something and NOT drop it yourself, you just cant do both, you just cant

catching up on the rest

Oh, I see what you mean, I noticed that 'typo' but figured anyone and everyone who saw it, who's wasnt trying to be a smart 'alec' would know what it meant and would assume the obvious meaning, same thing I allueded to last round, I judge posts on intentions and not honest mistakes or errors of the poster.


And no I completely disagree with your each game should be treated as a seperate entity. Being predicatable and having an easy to identify pattern is probably the EASIEST way to get yourself shot as a wolf. I don't get how you would even establish that rationale. Plenty of people read other games, most i would think, so the fact that not everyone was in that game is irrelevant.

The motivations of your posts is quite clear though, I upset your sensibilities and you are darn sure gonna show everyone that you're much smarter than that Spider fellow

Ftr Green, I WOULD have used Harry's eating to clear myself, but we knew a wolf was hit in round 2 so seemed foolish to 'waste' it


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 14:20:16---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 02:07PM Feb 10, 2013

Oh god the hypocrisy, Yuffie.

EDIT: I also feel like putting out there that Blackest_Red and Izzie are the same person, this has been obvious to me for about 2-3 years. Just making sure you are all aware so they're not in the final however many together so they can't game throw for each other.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 14:14:32---
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 02:19PM Feb 10, 2013

Wow. Just wow. This is like a school yard. I think you could all do with swallowing your pride and getting on with your lives. This is a GAME. And you're all too interested in one-upping each other than actually playing it. What's the point. Really?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:26PM Feb 10, 2013

Fine, I'll address no further posts directed at me in relation to non-game related points, but there's this pervading sense that I'm the sole proprieter of this villainy when other players are culpable as well (though I still have been quite actively playing the game) For the record I respect a vast majority of the Active players in this game, so if you are reading these as some blanket all encompassing insults you are mistaken.

Unless PYTHON is a wolf or there is reason to believe he is, shooting him is a bad move, the humans only get so many, bullets are precious and cant be used to grant 'favors' save maybe in the first round.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 14:30:20---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 02:31PM Feb 10, 2013

Well no one can say this is a quiet, boring game.

GreenApples27 wrote:
...I'm not saying me or Spider or Harry or anyone is a better player than any of you.
Who said "better"? That's not in my post. I used the word "cowardly", but even cowards can be good players....

Even though TWG is a game of deception, we just can't bring ourselves to do it... I don't know if it's a dignity thing, or integrity. I don't know.
Yes, I've heard this before in both WWG and WTB. If you're not willing to deceive just a little bit, it sort of negates the intent of the game. No one has been asked flatly, "Are you a wolf?" Lying in answer to that would be below anyone's integrity (I'd hope). But acting discordantly with what is expected in a game is nothing to be ashamed of. And I wouldn't think any less of anyone who tried to muddy the waters a bit to help their own cause.

we're not saying only us wouldn't eat Harry, we just know for certain we wouldn't, so we're voicing that so everyone else can hear. If you know anyone else you're certain that wouldn't, by all means voice that. You can't get insulted that we have voiced it and you haven't.
Aside from being a very predictable and thus unfair way to play, I don't think it should even be a way to defend oneself. Yuffie is my sister, so I would "never" eat/shot her in one of these games. Does that sound fair, or a good way to win for whatever team I'm on? The fact is that, yes, I would shoot/eat Yuffie, and it would be marginally unexpected for me to eat her, therefore it'd be a great way to throw people off my scent/trust me. Wolf eating should be strategic to the specific game and not predicate on any other occurrences.

I'm sorry for being insulted. I'll try harder to grow tougher skin. I do generally prefer to leave Active players in the game, but it comes more from a reward mentality than a challenge one. I usually play in games that have just a few dedicated players, so I leave them around so I have someone to play with. In a game like this, I can't say for sure that I wouldn't eat an active player in an early round. I strive for spontaneity.


The_Spider wrote:
We never said we were special and we're not the ones obsessing over the subject
I've referred to the "subject" a total of 2 posts now. Why am I not allowed to voice an opinion and respond to the conversation? Also, I didn't literally mean you guys aren't special - I meant that as a playful, tongue-in-cheek way of saying you're just not unique (which is in reference to the "we're less suspicious b/c we would leave active players alone... well, certain active players").

I don't read other games in progress, so I don't know what last game everyone else was in. Do all of you guys know what game I was last in, and what my role was, and how I played? 'Cause if you do, that's kinda stalkerish.

Leaving my vote where it is, and I will not be on again before the end of the round. Werdna's post has put me in my place (and that is not sarcasm; I do feel badly for perpetuating a dead-horse beating).


"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 02:36PM Feb 10, 2013

Hello everyone, what did I miss while I was out sulking?!
Guys please vote for me so you can get on with the game in relative peace.
Anyone who wants to continue any argument with me, can do so via PM. There is no need to drag this on and ruin it for innocent players. I haven't changed my views from last round.
Green, I believe I owe most people in this game an apology for my behaviour last round, you can call it sulking if you like.
There is no point shooting an innocent human when you should just shoot a trouble making human like me.
Thanks to everyone who took a neutral view on it all. Thanks also to those who jumped to my defense, at least some people can see where I am coming from.
Seriously guys, please just shoot me it will prove I am human to you all if nothing else.
Hope to play against most of you again soon.
Bye.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 02:37PM Feb 10, 2013

Well, how about a JQ vote?

EDIT: PYTHON OH MY GOD. You asking to be shot is the sole reason why this is being drawn out. Honestly, please do not participate in these games again. Have the maturity to actually get over yourself and continue a game that you joined.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 14:39:26---
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 02:38PM Feb 10, 2013

Okay, argument dropped

GA has a point with JQ, so I'll follow his lead to switch my vote off PYTHON.

EDIT: Sorry, Py! The others think it's a waste of a bullet to let you leave - I guess you'll have to hope the wolves are feeling sympathetic.

EDIT: PYTHON must know he's not the seer, so he's probably figuring it's safer to shoot him than be wrong about our next hunch.

And GA - who gave you the authority to dictate who can play? I once gave up and asked to be shot b/c I was bullied in a game myself; no matter what PYTHON says in this specific game, no one will believe him. It's a mistake & he wants to start over in another game.

THIS IS A GAME, everyone! How about we ALL Be mature & realize we've ALL been acting out of hand - I apologize for myself, PYTHON has apologized : LET IT GO!

Switching my vote back on PYTHON because I understand what it's like to not have fun in a game & want out.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 14:44:16---
Back to Top 
Izzie*


Posted: 02:40PM Feb 10, 2013

i think that this is the most entertaining and confusing SN games I have played

˙ǝızzı(p) ¿y ahora? the new refrigerator came. If you need me, i will be playing in the box.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:41PM Feb 10, 2013

To reiterate, shooting Python is a terrible move, silver bullets can't be used for favors...JQ is probly a good choice, but am distracted by something else, thought I had AJones beat in chess but he finds a way out

FYI there are typically two 'active' games at a time, so reading the other active game isnt really that much of a strain


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 02:44PM Feb 10, 2013



I'm keeping my vote where it is. I think BR sounds way off. Interested to see what JQ is though, a few players will be much less suspicious for me if he is a wolf.
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 02:47PM Feb 10, 2013

You can't ask people to be mature but make an exception for the most immature play in this game. Who gave PYTHON the authority to dictate when he is shot? This is just such atrocious play and I'm not shooting a human when I have a shot at shooting a wolf.

Yuffie, do not vote a suspected human, it goes against the balance of the game. Let PYTHON be dealt to by the wolves, or even better let him grow up a little bit and change his views.

EDIT: I once asked for myself to be shot before as well when I was in a bad mood, however the difference between me and PYTHON is that I took a step back and reevaluated the situation and realise how pathetic I was being and moved on. I suggest you do the same, PYTHON.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 14:49:37---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:52PM Feb 10, 2013

I'll keep it simple

the humans can miss 6 times in a 20 player game, one willfull miss is a SIGNIFICANT mistep.


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 02:53PM Feb 10, 2013

I think this is being blown way out
I have played many games with Harry, Spider, and GA. Spider and GA can be aroegant and at times rude and insulting. I have been in many arguments with Dan(spider). This was even referenced in the last game I modded and Spider said someone needed to call the "wambulance" on us.
It is very difficult to get any of them shot or eaten in those games....espically Dan as the attack dog comes out.
Notice that Dan never referenced me as a good player but I think I am....ironically in the last game I played with him he was a wolf and ate me in round one....lol.....He knew I would figure him out.

The reason I said what I did about the harry eating last round was b/c it is just a fact. It was not meant to insult anyone's talent in the game.
I for one refuse to eat bradon when I am a wolf in the first few rounds as I enjoy her playing, as with HABS.
I am sure some of you have the same people you feel that way about.

Like I said it would be easier to chaulk up the attitude to Dan being Dan and GA being GA. Will had to bring it up as he did not get a chime in last round(and cue the GA eye-roll)

Please just realize that. Anytime Spider is called anything he will attack and continue to attack. He can be mean and condecending and he will call you stupid in more than 20 sentences.

It is a good conversation outer but I agree....the wolves are staying out of this on.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
Izzie*


Posted: 02:53PM Feb 10, 2013

GreenApples27 wrote:
Oh god the hypocrisy, Yuffie.

EDIT: I also feel like putting out there that Blackest_Red and Izzie are the same person, this has been obvious to me for about 2-3 years. Just making sure you are all aware so they're not in the final however many together so they can't game throw for each other.
i don't think so.


˙ǝızzı(p) ¿y ahora? the new refrigerator came. If you need me, i will be playing in the box.
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 02:54PM Feb 10, 2013

I am actually happy that it is me who is on the recieving end of Team Green Spidy rather than someone much younger. Now that would be bullying...
I am still waiting for PM's...


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 02:56PM Feb 10, 2013

BTW.....the above post was not meant to be mean to anyone.....like I tried to tell PYTHON......I said Spider was who he was but meant no disrespect in it.

Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 03:00PM Feb 10, 2013

This all started when someone made a simple remark about me, I made a simple remark back, then someone else jumped on it for no reason and all hell broke loose. I was suspected as being a wolf by someone with no real evidence early in the game, that same person that is now arguing that shooting me would be a bad move...

How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 03:00PM Feb 10, 2013

You can try deny it, Izzie, but I know it's true.

Longhorn, you know that what I am saying about PYTHON is not unjustified or put of line, you know it isn't. Even though you hate agreeing with me, you can't deny it.
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 03:02PM Feb 10, 2013

PYTHON wrote:
I am still waiting for PM's


MY GOD this is reminiscent of a guy in a bar asking someone if they want to "take it outside". I'm certainly not on anyone's side and I think virtually all of you are acting way out of hand. Ever heard of the expression "the bigger man walks away"? This is infinitely true. And I suggest all of you heed it's message. My interest in this game is wearing paper-thin. And I'm sure there are people who aren't saying anything with a face like this -
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 03:06PM Feb 10, 2013

Werdna, for someone trying to promote the peace and letting things go, you seem to enjoy getting involved.
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 03:07PM Feb 10, 2013

GreenApples27 wrote:
You can try deny it, Izzie, but I know it's true.

Longhorn, you know that what I am saying about PYTHON is not unjustified or put of line, you know it isn't. Even though you hate agreeing with me, you can't deny it.

I can say that you're getting a rise out of calling someone pathetic. Which is sad. It was you that carried all this rubbish on at the beginning of the round when it was over. There was no point at all.
I'm out of this "game" - as nobody is playing it.
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 03:12PM Feb 10, 2013

I meant that if anyone wanted to carry it on, they should do so away from the game. I am trying to walk away but you guys won't shoot me!

How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 03:22PM Feb 10, 2013

Don't try make it out as if I'm saying this to make myself feel better? That's a completely fabricated call, Werdna. And it was not resolved at the end of last round. PYTHON quitting the game is not resolving this at all, so I agree I carried it on with the intention of resolving it, since it was far from resolved. And it won't be resolved until PYTHON gets over his tantrum.

Dan, would you vote for JQ to help form a majority?
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 03:30PM Feb 10, 2013

Ok, so as not to ruin the game for the rest, I will continue to vote whilst I am still in the game, but I wont be participating. Green, you think python is being pathetic by wanting out of this game - just look at it. Would you say it's been a barrel of laughs!? This is a GAME and it's not FUN, and not wanting to participate in a GAME that's not FUN is completely reasonable, and if you think opposite to that then there's no arguing, you're simply wrong. Since you needed it spelled out, there you go. Adios.
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 03:33PM Feb 10, 2013

My goodness. REALLY???
This is a game....the insults, bantering, and all the like needs to stop.

Now.....Who is a wolf?


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 03:45PM Feb 10, 2013

I've never been in a game like this before. . .hope to never be again. Either the Wolves are completely involved with all this nonsense, or they are sitting back and laughing their heads off.

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 03:45PM Feb 10, 2013



I think JQ, Longhorn.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 15:46:25---
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 03:49PM Feb 10, 2013

Ok. It looks like we might finally be moving away from the drama. I've tried to stay out of it in an effort to be unbiased. However, if anyone still has a need to get something off their chest, I'm making a topic in the Insomniacs Talk Box. Carry on there as much as you like and try to refocus on the game here. Thanks!

EDIT: Here's the topic for anyone that wants to continue SN 12 Drama


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 15:56:26---

"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 04:02PM Feb 10, 2013

We might only have 6 shots but if we're wrong and shoot a human, that human could be the Seer. At least we're fairly certain PYTHON is just a human, so wasting a bullet on him doesn't seem like the worst idea.


As a sign of peace, I will switch my vote to join majority on JQPublic; I'm not suspecting him but I also am not confident that he's human, so it works for me.
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 04:09PM Feb 10, 2013

I think JQ is a decent shot. I would also be down for cat.
Either or......


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:16PM Feb 10, 2013

Its so hard not to say what I want to say, but believe me what im about to post is truncated and fighting a HUUUUGE temptation for me.

Many of several players comments about me and what happened are WAY off the mark. Longhorn I think you're a good player, I do, but you and several players in this 'group' have a HUGE problem with differentiating between personal attack and attacking someone's logic. All I did was suspect someone, which I'm well within my rights to do...its the entire point of the game after all . If we want to be sure not to shoot the seer, there are several players who didn't vote last round, so be careful what you wish for

Joining the JQ vote however


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 16:41:47---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 04:20PM Feb 10, 2013

Please see my above post...

"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:24PM Feb 10, 2013

aight but that's all I really need to say I guess

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 04:49PM Feb 10, 2013

Yuffie wrote:
As a sign of peace, I will switch my vote to join majority on JQPublic


Thank you, Yuffie.
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 05:02PM Feb 10, 2013

Just to say logic is part of a person. It is how we all work together to find wolves or as wolves find the seer.
I thought everyone here did vote.
Who did not?


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 05:09PM Feb 10, 2013

when a teacher tells a student her paper needs work...same thing....criticism is not a personal attack...anyway, if you interpreted any animostiy this game toward you, there is none, but cross referencing you as a 'good player' would have diluted my point. The wolves can figure that out on their own, but I've imagined they've done it already

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 05:56PM Feb 10, 2013

Longhorn_fan wrote:

I thought everyone here did vote.
Who did not?


Snowmonster and I did not vote - but I swear I did! I put in a vote for Elios & had confirmation that it saved =/ (You can read my Post in Round 2 stating that I was voting for Elios as well).
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 06:01PM Feb 10, 2013

Although I know I'm a human, I know I'm gonna get shot anyway, so this is all I'll say.

Yuffie wrote:
And the reason I am telling you the eating makes Spider human is because he used it as a defense. He would not use it to defend himself unless he was human, that's the type of player both Spider and I are. Even though TWG is a game of deception, we just can't bring ourselves to do it... I don't know if it's a dignity thing, or integrity. I don't know.


So you don't see how this above statement implies that those of us who would play the game using deception will have lost our integrity should we say "I would never eat Harry"? Your intention cannot invalidate my opinion. You may not mean it against the other players in this game but the fact that I took it that way cannot be erased just because you "didn't mean it that way".

This game IS about deception. I would never eat an active player unless everyone was active in the game, and then I would eat the least-active out of the group. I know, based on other games, that Elios and Izzie play the same way. So, by your logic based on Spider, we are cleared (assuming Izzie and Elios can vouch for me).

So, a list of all those who are cleared based on the "they said they wouldn't, therefore they MUST be telling the truth b/c they have more dignity and integrity than to lie in a silly online-game:

Elios
GreenApples27
Izzie
Longhorn_fan
The_Spider
Yuffie

So, by Spider and GreenApple's logic - those who have less dignity and integrity to lie about eating an active player are:

21kaldridge21
Blackest_Red
buu441
catmandon
JJPutz
JQPublic
PYTHON
scrub88
snowmonster
Werdna


So, now we simply have to ask the above group: would you eat an active player? And anyone who says "No" must be the wolf!


Does that remind me of a particular WTB game?

If 'playing style' by GA's logic really is significant, then Yuffie is cleared since she was an employee in that game (Izzie was the boss, incidentally).


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 18:02:51---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 06:19PM Feb 10, 2013

Can I have a link to this game we're talking about? Because I am really lost.
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 06:25PM Feb 10, 2013

GreenApples27 wrote:
Can I have a link to this game we're talking about? Because I am really lost.


This one, remember?


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 18:26:00---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 06:29PM Feb 10, 2013

Im starting to rethink clearing Python, in LHF's game he was shot in Rd2 without word, human, In one of the anarchy games same thing...I still stand by him having some legitimately weird moments....just something to think about, Im not really game for voting him this round, but I think we should stay flexible, after all, a few people havent posted yet, lets keep them in mind!!

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 06:32PM Feb 10, 2013

And she is cleared, how?
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 06:36PM Feb 10, 2013

PYTHON had asked to be shot. Would a wolf really do that?
I guess it would not out any other wolves but I would think one would want their team to win but I guess if one is human and asking to be shot it would be the same concept as being a wolf and asking to be shot.
Kinda saying screw my team either way.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
catmandonAus


Posted: 06:45PM Feb 10, 2013

I like to sit back and listen to everyone and see if I can find a wolf..
This game has the worst little girl bi**Hing that I have ever been in..
I'm HUMAN...
But I'm tired of this..

I think GA,spider are wolfs(maybe JQ too)
Will vote for me to break the tie..


The early bird gets the worm,but the second rat gets the cheese..
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 06:50PM Feb 10, 2013

Why are you self voting? What has overcome all of you?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:00PM Feb 10, 2013



Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 07:23PM Feb 10, 2013

GreenApples27 wrote:
And she is cleared, how?


She's arguing against 'X said (s)he would never do Y, so (s)he's cleared' again.

edit: dunno what's going on, but it looks like I may not be the one to get shot after all. Since that's the case, I'll try to read through everything again and see what I can do.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 19:29:56---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:26PM Feb 10, 2013

Kal hasnt posted despite being on, I could go that way, but a few people who know you better than I do suspect you so Id like to see how they feel

---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 19:30:38---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 07:31PM Feb 10, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
Kal hasnt posted despite being on, I could go that way, but a few people who know you better than I do suspect you so Id like to see how they feel


Good point. She's talking way less than usual. Last SN, she was a wolf and was posting less. My suspicion's turning to her.


'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:33PM Feb 10, 2013

I'm leaning toward shooting one of the non-voters, we have 4 people who didnt get SPVs in (cumulative), we need to keep the wolves as off balance as possible in regards to the seer. We can always go JQ next round, but Putz or Kal have neither posted nor voted, what you guys think?

Blackest_Red voted for Longhorn_fan
buu441 voted for GreenApples27
catmandon voted for catmandon
Elios voted for JQPublic
GreenApples27 voted for JQPublic
Izzie voted for catmandon
JQPublic voted for 21kaldridge21
Longhorn_fan voted for catmandon
PYTHON voted for PYTHON
scrub88 voted for catmandon
snowmonster voted for Elios
The_Spider voted for JQPublic
Werdna voted for Blackest_Red
Yuffie voted for JQPublic

internet cant colorize well so i dont know the order of the cat votes, is JQ being saved by the cat votes or no haha? I remember chuckling at cat's post becuase (in addition to other reasons) the vote def did not tie up anything....I dont think I was that mistaken but its possible


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 19:41:20---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 07:38PM Feb 10, 2013

JJ hasn't posted in the last round of the WTB game he modded, either, so I'm more suspicious of 21K.

---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 19:38:43---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 07:41PM Feb 10, 2013

Hm, I think some people aren't as into the game, so I'm looking at people like snowmonster at the moment, but could go for Kal if that's what people are wanting.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:43PM Feb 10, 2013

I'd like to see what Snow/Buu make of the tie as this would be quite informatie

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Izzie*


Posted: 07:48PM Feb 10, 2013

i was the first to vote for cat. it was only an SPV. i never meant to have started a majority on him.

˙ǝızzı(p) ¿y ahora? the new refrigerator came. If you need me, i will be playing in the box.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:53PM Feb 10, 2013

so did LHF or Scrub change recently?

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 07:54PM Feb 10, 2013

The self voting is not helping but I would tend to think the self voters of more human.

With this being round 3 hopefully 4 players are in the seer TB and hopefully they are active in the game.

With cat voting himself I am removing my vote for him

EDIT:I changed my vote to buu


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 20:02:44---

Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 07:56PM Feb 10, 2013

Izzie wrote:
i was the first to vote for cat. it was only an SPV. i never meant to have started a majority on him.


No izzie....I was....at 7:50 central this morning.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 08:04PM Feb 10, 2013

I've been wrong two games in a row on 21K. I am going to have to trust others on her. I feel like I need to be more strategic about my vote. I feel like we are all guessing.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:05PM Feb 10, 2013

I know thats why I favor shooting a non-voter, atleast if we are wrong we still gain something in the seer protection, i just saw her on maybe she'll post

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
JJPutztus


Posted: 08:07PM Feb 10, 2013

I think I'm gonna break the tie and go with catman...he seems a bit quiet and 'focused' on KitKat's (don't ask) personality, so maybe they are friends and he wanted to get rid of her.

I will read the hoopla later...too lazy to now.


On a scale of 1-10, how old are you?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:12PM Feb 10, 2013

sorry JQ, it looks too much like your being saved.......if 21kal votes Im sticking with you

although JJ didnt actually vote


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 20:29:14---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 08:20PM Feb 10, 2013

scrub88 wrote:
I am switching to Catman. He is way too quiet this game, besides, I don't think any votes on spider or python are warranted.


I was definitely second, but I don't remember who was first. I think LH changed to cat after me.
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 08:42PM Feb 10, 2013

Yuffie wrote:
Longhorn_fan wrote:

I thought everyone here did vote.
Who did not?


Snowmonster and I did not vote - but I swear I did! I put in a vote for Elios & had confirmation that it saved =/ (You can read my Post in Round 2 stating that I was voting for Elios as well).



Yuffie, I DID vote, and when I placed a vote for Elios, she had no vote on her.

I should be more active throughout the week. Daughter moved back home over the weekend, and if anyone's gone through this, you know how hectic it is. With the kids off to work and school throughout the week, I'll have more free time to concentrate on this game.

As for who I may suspect, unfortunately, I don't have any strong feelings about who may be wolves, but I feel Spider and PYTHON are more than likely human, as Wolves wouldn't draw this much attention to themselves. . . . . Could be totally wrong though, cause I really don't have a lot of experience playing with these two.


Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
21kaldridge21Aus


Posted: 08:50PM Feb 10, 2013

Yes I was on earlier today and read all the posts but at the time I really didn't know what to say and really didn't want in all the drama since I have enough of that in my real life so I decided to spend time outside in the unusal warm weather that we got today.

I am going to vote for JQ since I really don't have any suspions at the moment.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 20:59:02---

I'm back
Back to Top 
JJPutztus


Posted: 08:57PM Feb 10, 2013

just logged a vote

sorry for pulling a blondie


On a scale of 1-10, how old are you?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:58PM Feb 10, 2013

So do you have a vote then Kal or not?

nvm


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 21:05:16---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
JJPutztus


Posted: 09:15PM Feb 10, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
You left an important part out of your BR analogy, the fact that there was a really bad choice as his alternative. I think GA is human, if its 4-3 BR to GA, you can be damn sure Im voting BR. If it's 4-3 BR/JJ, no I might stick out of it. Which makes a critical difference to the argument at hand.
Oh gee thanks.


On a scale of 1-10, how old are you?
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 09:18PM Feb 10, 2013

snowmonster wrote:
Yuffie wrote:
Longhorn_fan wrote:

I thought everyone here did vote.
Who did not?


Snowmonster and I did not vote - but I swear I did! I put in a vote for Elios & had confirmation that it saved =/ (You can read my Post in Round 2 stating that I was voting for Elios as well).



Yuffie, I DID vote, and when I placed a vote for Elios, she had no vote on her.

I should be more active throughout the week. Daughter moved back home over the weekend, and if anyone's gone through this, you know how hectic it is. With the kids off to work and school throughout the week, I'll have more free time to concentrate on this game.

As for who I may suspect, unfortunately, I don't have any strong feelings about who may be wolves, but I feel Spider and PYTHON are more than likely human, as Wolves wouldn't draw this much attention to themselves. . . . . Could be totally wrong though, cause I really don't have a lot of experience playing with these two.


Snow - you said you were voting Elios, but you never actually voted. Good luck on the daughter moving back in there. Been there and still waiting for her to leave again.
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 09:25PM Feb 10, 2013

I DID VOTE! I see it! I stated it, I voted it! I did not go back and vote later. . . I remember doing it, right after I stated I was placing an SPV! Is there a glitch in the game - are we seeing different things? I'm not understanding this.

On a side note. . . . .thanks, it's adjusting time, and I am going to need some patience.

edit - looking back, I only stated that I was placing an SPV vote, I didn't say it was going to be for Elios.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 21:30:37---

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:30PM Feb 10, 2013

Round 2 Snow

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 09:34PM Feb 10, 2013

scrub88 wrote:
scrub88 wrote:
I am switching to Catman. He is way too quiet this game, besides, I don't think any votes on spider or python are warranted.


I was definitely second, but I don't remember who was first. I think LH changed to cat after me.


For the second time.....I WAS THE FIRST TO VOTE FOR CATMANDON at 7:50am central US time.

izzie and scrubb are drawing red flags with this conversation.

If no one believes me look at the post. It it the 3rd or 4th in the round.

When I switched to buy a bit ago that was my only vote switch this round.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 09:34PM Feb 10, 2013

I voted in round 2! Let me go look. OMG!

Good grief! I stated an SPV vote for buu, but I will be honest and say I don't remember actually voting for him.

Sorry for spazzing out at you scrub. . I thought you were talking about this round. IDK what happened. I do know that my house is a wreck, with what is going on . . . . and well, I guess I stated who I was voting for, but did not vote. I'm sorry.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 21:38:30---

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
JJPutztus


Posted: 09:44PM Feb 10, 2013

Wow. Oh my... this is getting interesting again. Good job ryythmic!
Night all. Got school tomorrow >.< despite the 40 ft high pile of snow in our school's parking lot


On a scale of 1-10, how old are you?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:46PM Feb 10, 2013

Long I THINK you are human so I am trying to figure you out (and I do think you voted Cat first iirc) if you think cat is human, you have to know JQ is likely/certain if he's active to switch his vote to cat and at least get a tie. Do you think JQ is a bad vote, I'm not sure why you are unwilling to join

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 09:51PM Feb 10, 2013

I wanted to give him a shot at a defence and when I did switch to buu it was tied between cat and JQ....I removed my cat vote then JJ came in and tied it again.
I am off to bed now so going to go JQ and hope for the best.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
catmandonAus


Posted: 10:08PM Feb 10, 2013

boo Boo boo

The early bird gets the worm,but the second rat gets the cheese..
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 10:10PM Feb 10, 2013

The_Spider, this is NOT meant to start anything up again, but I'm a bit confused - at first you suspect PYTHON and then decide he's most likely human, so people shouldn't vote for him. We take our votes off him and a few of us go for JQPublic and then you say PYTHON might actually be a wolf and that we should try for Putz or Kal (due to their inactivity, which I agree) and try JQ later and now you're urging us all to join majority on JQPublic? It's fine to suspect more than one person or even not be sure on whom to suspect, but how can you be SO confident in thinking one way and then switch in a matter of hours, based on virtually nothing? (EX: You thought that everyone switching from JQ to go to a lesser-active individual was a sign that he was "being saved" and therefore potentially a wolf when it was your suggestion to switch votes in the first place...) Again, No offense meant by my post, I am honestly asking as I am having trouble keeping up with your thought process. This is why I try not to follow a 'leader' and think for myself, but I've admittedly not added much to the productivity of this game & therefore haven't formed any opinion of the players yet (based on evidence & not personal feelings).

The_Spider wrote:
so i dont know the order of the cat votes, is JQ being saved by the cat votes or no haha?


Let me do the research for us to figure it out:

VOTING LIST

21kaldridge21 voted for JQPublic
Elios voted for JQPublic
GreenApples27 voted for JQPublic
Longhorn_fan voted for JQPublic
The_Spider voted for JQPublic
Yuffie voted for JQPublic

Blackest_Red voted for Longhorn_fan

buu441 voted for GreenApples27

catmandon voted for catmandon
Izzie voted for catmandon
JJPutz voted for catmandon
scrub88 voted for catmandon
JQPublic voted for catmandon

PYTHON voted for PYTHON

snowmonster voted for Elios

Werdna voted for Blackest_Red

Times for Votes for JQPublic, based on declaration posts (in order of posting)
*note, that I am on Eastern time so it might disagree with what your clock says, but the placement of the posts will still be the same*

Elios - 02:16PM
GreenApples27 - 02:28PM
Yuffie - 05: 02PM
The_Spider - 05:16PM
21kaldridge21 – 09:50PM
Longhorn_fan - 10:51PM

Okay, now for the Times for Votes for Catmandon:

(Longhorn at 08:52AM posted just an "SPV")
Izzie 10:31AM
scrub88 - 02: 04PM
catmandon - 07:45PM (Voted to break the tie at the time)
JJPutz 09: 07PM
JQPublic - 11:20PM

So, by the above list - Cat already had 2 votes before JQ had any; I don't think the change in voting had anything to do with "saving" him plus, he still has majority now.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 22:29:44---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:13PM Feb 10, 2013

I suspected Python through middle of round 2 I guess. Then as I think I noted in that round my suspicioun started to diminish because if he is a wolf, he would know I'm human, and getting, borderline at least, personal with someone who you know is right about you is not a smart move (ego wise because all he would be doing is fueling my eventual 'gloating' should we shoot him). He kept pressing to shoot himself this round (though I think I noted he still did some weird stuff earlier that had me on edge about him.

At a certain point we formed a JQ majority based mainly on GA's suggestions (I dont have much experience with JQ but I trust GA's judgement mostly and I think he is human). JQ got on and started defending himself to a degree. Noting that two people still had not voted, and that two people (you and Snow) did not vote last round, it seemed seer coverage might be a priority for us this round, so I suggested a Kal or JJ vote. Soon after, they both voted, diminishing the purpose of those intended votes.

As a side bar at this time, I never really suggested- i think i made sure to say that- a Python shooting this round, just let's not be too hasty to clear him based on his behavoir because there's little else than his willingness to shoot himself that I had for his defense (and the prior mentioned ego thing)

Ok, so out of seemingly nowhere Cat has 4 votes on him . Cat posted about tying himself up, but I looked at the voting list several times and it wasnt tied. I COULD be mistaken, but I looked a couple times and I swore he did not tie it. The catman counter majority makes no real sense and formed out of nowhere, making me think JQ was being saved by at least one partner. With the non-voter option out the window (and now Cat/JQ inevitable) I thought JQ was the better shot (Its kind of sad that self voters get a free pass cause they are willing to quit on their team and the game- but the fact remains cat is probly human), My last post wasnt really an urge for LHF to vote JQ but more a questioning of her intentions since it wouldnt make sense for her to leave her vote on a meaningless third party.

I probly didnt adress all your points, but that wasnt intentional, I just sort of stream of consciousness in my responses and I think I got the main idea of wheer my heads been at this round.

Oh and the fact that someone is lying, or very mistaken about their cat vote makes me think someone doesnt want to cop to a late, potentially wolf saving vote. We cant be sure if Izzie's SPV was really for Cat at all in the first place, so we have to be leery (my word) of using those vote statements as absolute




and Cat your motivation is 100% selfish and huritng your own team, provided you're human, you're complaining that your own team isnt willing to take a blow to their own chances of winning to accomodate your requests, who are you to call ANYONE whining. Think what you want about Green and I, but we aint tanking the game and willingly sabotaging our own team for our own SELFISH ends.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 22:50:10---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 10:20PM Feb 10, 2013

Guess I'll have to switch to cat to attempt to save myself, then?

That's what I'm doing for now since I know I'm human but don't know it cat is.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 22:20:55---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 10:33PM Feb 10, 2013

JQPublic wrote:
Guess I'll have to switch to cat to attempt to save myself, then?

That's what I'm doing for now since I know I'm human but don't know it cat is.


Okay this does not sound human. Every time you repeat "since I know I'm human" my vote for you has another shovel of cement poured over it.
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 10:39PM Feb 10, 2013

Thank you for explaining, The_Spider. I think everyone has been changing their votes continually throughout the game, so perhaps when Catmandon came on there was a tie but it changed by the time you checked. Right now, JQPublic still has 6 votes, keeping him as the Silver B victim.

It is possible there was a three-way tie at one point: JQ, ?? and Catmandon - with Cat's vote on himself to "break the tie" between JQ and probably PYTHON at the time. Although, I don't know why I'm defending him since Cat doesn't seem to be trying to explain himself even slightly...

Hmm, I'm not confident JQPublic is a wolf and he adds more to the game than Catmandon has... I'm changing my vote to Catmandon . He's giving me a weird vibe; not sure it's a wolf vibe, but it's kinda creepy nonetheless

Edit: I didn't see GA's post before I posted but I dunno, people say they're human all the time & the majority of them actually are. It seems more like Cat got the idea to vote for himself b/c people kept saying "Since PYTHON voted for himself, he's probably human" whereas JQ knows he's human, so he'll try to save himself. I could be wrong & JQ is actually a wolf, but my theory makes as much sense as the one on JQ.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 22:43:36---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:42PM Feb 10, 2013

Your vote has piques my interest, but enough has been said for tonight, let the chips fall where they may

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 10:43PM Feb 10, 2013

I don't think JQ is adding anything to the game, and I think his identity would be more helpful than catmandon's identity, so I would prefer a JQ vote over catmandon.
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 10:49PM Feb 10, 2013

GreenApples27 wrote:
I don't think JQ is adding anything to the game


Do you think he's adding less than Catmandon?

and I think his identity would be more helpful than catmandon's identity, so I would prefer a JQ vote over catmandon.


Okay, I edited my post above with regards to your post, but are you saying it's worth it to shoot JQPublic just to confirm he's human even though the vote on him is just a hunch? (Elios voted for him due to inactivity, and you voted for him because he's distracted with RL events and it reminds you of another game he was in where he played clueless)

Meanwhile Catmandon voted for himself "to break the tie", putting him in the line of fire with absolutely no reason? (At least when PYTHON voted for himself he was under attack - Cat wasn't even really in a majority until he put himself there) All I'm saying is that his actions seem "Fishier" than JQPublic's.

I dunno, I'm tired - keeping my vote where it is & going to bed.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 22:51:57---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:54PM Feb 10, 2013

Even if JQ flips wolf I wont pursue a vote on you NEXT round at least cause you've earned the benefit of the doubt (JJ would probly be my choice) if they BOTH flip human (or Cat is a wolf) I'll be mystefied

Cat thinks JQ might be a wolf, but his own vote is currently the only thing condemning him to lose the race. If JQ is the one wolf out of the two, I think this trumps any complaints about us Cat can bring to the table for the rest of the game

Also, Im pretty sure Scrubs vote was on Blackest Red for awhile, though I COULD be thinking of last round


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 22:58:10---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 10:58PM Feb 10, 2013

Well cat has offered less, yes, but JQ has been more wolfish in my opinion. There's still 3 hours, more people could get on. If you do get on, and your vote isn't on either JQ or catmandon, don't just leave it, attempt to have a say on who gets shot - if you're human it will benefit you in the long run, even if you choose wrong!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:59PM Feb 10, 2013

Cat probly deserves the bullet more, but this majority has really came out of the clear blue sky to overtake JQ...it really has me curious, the only curve ball is if cat is the wolf and Kal is his partner, cause I feel the JQ voters are mostly human

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 11:06PM Feb 10, 2013

What I found more curious was Izzie's post claiming she voted for catmandon as an SPV and how she never intended for a majority to start on him, so it semi sounded like she was excusing herself from the majority, but she kept her vote on him? It doesn't make sense, and makes me think at least one of Blackest_Red or Izzie is a wolf.
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 11:40PM Feb 10, 2013

GreenApples27 wrote:
JQPublic wrote:
Guess I'll have to switch to cat to attempt to save myself, then?

That's what I'm doing for now since I know I'm human but don't know it cat is.


Okay this does not sound human. Every time you repeat "since I know I'm human" my vote for you has another shovel of cement poured over it.


If you'd played with me more, you'd know that I say that line all the time, regardless of whether I'm wolf or human.

catmandon voted for catmandon
Izzie voted for catmandon
JJPutz voted for catmandon
JQPublic voted for catmandon
Yuffie voted for catmandon
scrub88 voted for catmandon

21kaldridge21 voted for JQPublic
Elios voted for JQPublic
GreenApples27 voted for JQPublic
Longhorn_fan voted for JQPublic
The_Spider voted for JQPublic

PYTHON voted for PYTHON
snowmonster voted for Elios
Werdna voted for Blackest_Red
Blackest_Red voted for Longhorn_fan
buu441 voted for GreenApples27


---This message was edited on 2013-02-10 23:46:14---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
catmandonAus


Posted: 12:14AM Feb 11, 2013



The early bird gets the worm,but the second rat gets the cheese..
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 12:20AM Feb 11, 2013

managed to come online now. joining majorities now. voting for catman.

Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 12:28AM Feb 11, 2013

Spider - Don't agree with you about cat, and I think there is a good chance Cat is a wolf. Staying with my vote. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Cat changed his vote. I'll have to find out in the morning. Thisvrpund has been a lot more fun!
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 12:38AM Feb 11, 2013

If catmandon flips wolf I will laugh so hard.
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 07:14AM Feb 11, 2013

Night Posting

catmandon was human


"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : siduobelei, SilverWitch 

Online Now: 17 users and 439 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account