Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2887

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by The_Spider. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 8 rounds.

Discussion of Round #5

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

AuthorMessage
Oldcustardtau


Posted: 12:26PM Mar 13, 2013

Catching up

it seems we ALREADY have some rule violations, this isnt that hard people

So far

OC: 108 word post
Smithy ONE HUNDRED AND FREAKING THIRTY ONE
HABS: 106 word post

I never gave any indication whatsoever the 100 word law was repealed, none, nothing, niether explicit or otherwise. Next time a rule is violated I will order you to vote yourself. If you choose to defy that order, well let's just say that will make things personal


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 14:52:01---
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 12:34PM Mar 13, 2013

The fact none of the cab voters were eaten leads me to believe that both wolves may have been in that majority.

Im going habs right now, dont pile on till habs can respond


"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 12:36PM Mar 13, 2013

Will miss limerick's useful (and extensive) posts, I hope he sticks around for some more games.

Not much time to formulate anything in depth right now but I think OC is a good candidate.

Putter's been weird all game but surely that would be too noob-ish of him if he were a wolf.

Sky seems human but then I've never seem him as a wolf so I have no comparison.

celt seems human too because he's normally much more active as a wolf.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 13:02:37---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Oldcustardtau


Posted: 12:39PM Mar 13, 2013

HABS said, in the TB:
I would be able to follow a law that breaks all the rules of the English language so will have to vote otherwise.


I'm not entirely sure what you mean by voting otherwise if you can follow the law. Harry makes an interesting point in the TB where he says that one of the wolves changed their writing style ever since HABS was accused by harry.

Unless you meant you wouldn't be able to break the English language, but either way generally you seem to be our best shot.

EDIT: Was writing that before you guys posted, so I will wait for habs.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 12:41:40---
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 12:55PM Mar 13, 2013

Nice Har list Smithy

Is the 100 words law repealed? I will keep it below just in case.

My strange feeling currently is the Harry/HABS thing that seems to be ongoing... Could they be a likely pair? Harry's attitude swings wildly game to game, it's hard to keep tabs on. But his reasoning for suspecting HABS I feel is a little weak and he seems to be trying too hard to push the vote on us. I don't see a great reason to vote HABS, but she is still in my top 3.

Voting Harry for now. Smithy entering radar...


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 12:57PM Mar 13, 2013

I am not going to address the accusations again. Yes OC it should have said I couldn't follow the law. posted in the TB in response to HP's last post in thete. You shoot me, the humans lose. My guess is HP (as outlined in TB) and perhaps Smithy based on his clarification of the no punctuation law when I asked for it. Spidey is the only one who can make a ruling but Smithy had a lot of insight into it, almost like he was stating the wolf's intent. HP is the wolf who "$ounds like me"

---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 17:55:46---

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 12:57PM Mar 13, 2013

HarryPutter wrote:
Im going habs right now, dont pile on till habs can respond

Even assuming that we are all just going to jump on board this vote is so odd too. Harry, can you please state succinctly why you are so intent on this vote? All you have said so far is that one of the laws sounded like HABS... Are her memos like that in WTB or something?


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 01:01PM Mar 13, 2013

Its the exact same way i caught onto cab last round. I analyzed the laws and foubd similar grammar/word use to be consistent with habs' posts. You may call that reasoining weak, but thats why i wanted to shoot cab last round and i was right

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 01:02PM Mar 13, 2013

Chris seems to be laying low rather, which is kind of what he did last time as a wolf, so could be a good candidate too.

Habs I'm not sure either way. Putter suspects her, I'm not totally convinced about why, but I wouldn't be opposed to a vote on her.

When I get more time I'll check back through everyone's interactions with cab to get a more informed idea.

EDIT: Fair point Putter. Plus the fact that she doesn't seem to mind the grammatical restrictions means she could be the one suggesting them.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 01:03PM Mar 13, 2013

Putter are you seriously implying you were responsible for the Cab shooting?

Analysing the writing is weak but it is something. The writing changing after being linked to someone is a more interesting point.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 13:04:11---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 01:08PM Mar 13, 2013

Harry, you were one of the last players to suspect cab in the discussion thread of the TB, I don't know why you're trying to take all the credit for it. It was in fact Smithy who mentioned her first.

Smithy wrote:
DAMNIT

This stupid missing law has put a spanner in the works of the whole game.

Cab or OC I'm guessing.

We must be dealing with poor wolves because the eating of LH was really stupid given that buu was human.

In fact, looking back at Smithy's post it looks a little suspect. A bit dramatic...


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 01:08PM Mar 13, 2013

If I were a wolf at this stage in the game I'd get rid of the person accusing me (unlike my early game play to let the threatening players stay). I'd have eaten HP then chalk it up to a frame by the wolves. Not sure why the cab voters not being eaten means anything. Why bother them, especially if they are on the wrong track. 99% sure I'm voting HP (and no it is not retaliatory).

---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 17:57:38---

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 01:15PM Mar 13, 2013

I'm really leaning Harry/Smithy or Harry/HABS....

The only piece of the jigsaw that doesn't fit is the crappy laws


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 01:19PM Mar 13, 2013

I suspected cab after i lookd at the laws, which is much better that "cab is kinda acting weird guys ".

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 01:21PM Mar 13, 2013

Im not claiming responsibility but I was definitely the only person who had reasonable suspicion beyond a hunch.

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 01:59PM Mar 13, 2013

HABS2933 wrote:
If I wrre a wolf at this stage....

But HABS, a successful wolf would act as you wouldn't expect, surely you are aware of this? There's no point telling us what you would/wouldn't do, because you're obviously going to tell us you would have done exactly the opposite to what the wolves have done

This post coupled with your TB post:
that right there should clear me of being a wolf. Everyone knows how I feel about long nights.

What do you expect us to think, you're sounding exactly like cab


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 02:08PM Mar 13, 2013


I have a feeling that one of the wolves were in the majority on Cab to sway people away from voting for them by shooting their own.

I have a feeling that the laws are intentional. I think that a good option is Sky/Smithy - Both seem like the type to come up with that, (i.e. Odd laws pointing to certain people, or even using a certain typing style to match someone else's). Sky's complaints about the vowel law could also mean he's a wolf, being that he may have been trying to dissuade us through his complaints.



Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 02:22PM Mar 13, 2013

Sky is the only person I'm almost certain is human That's why I'm annoyed he's voting for me

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 02:25PM Mar 13, 2013

I would never contribute the awful laws that we've been given, especially the batch we had a couple of rounds ago, I would rather lose a fun game with interesting laws than ruin the flow of the game to try and get a meaningless win.

HarryPutter wrote:
Im not claiming responsibility but I was definitely the only person who had reasonable suspicion beyond a hunch.


Okay Har.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 15:06:09---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 02:45PM Mar 13, 2013

Don't worry Harry, I'm wobbling. HABS certainly hasn't helped herself out at all with her posts lately. If you're bussing it's certainly been theatrical

Smithy wrote:
I would rather lose a fun game with interesting laws than ruin the flow of the game to try and get a meaningless win.

I am considering the laws second to gameplay, that's how we sniffed out cab. The laws are too ambiguous to point to anyone in particular. We have been down the "missing wolf road" a couple of times now... It's probably OC, but it's too much of a lottery.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 02:46PM Mar 13, 2013

Har doesn't find solid proof, he just shouts out names and hopes for the best. I found past posts of Cab consistently calling voting lists (what most people refer to them as) "voting records" AND I found cases where cab spelled mid-round (how most people refer to it) as "mid round" (with a space). And that exact law is the one she wrote. That is solid evidence, and it's beyond anything anyone else suggested.

Now I found similar consistencies with HABS. Her "oh, if you're accusing me then you're a wolf" reaction only reaffirms my suspicion of her.


"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 02:51PM Mar 13, 2013

Check the RFM guys, be careful.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:52PM Mar 13, 2013

ANY LAWS BROKEN BEYOND THIS POINT WILL BE MET WITH ZERO TOLERANCE

OPTIONAL LAW (the ONLY one)

1) Any reference to Deb must be accompanied by the face. By optional I mean you should absolutely follow this law but I will not treat violations the same way I treat other law violations

2) No post may be more than 100 words

No exceptions, and I wouldnt reccomend trying the-cute-use-of-dashes-method and coming in at 99 words. Be cute at your own risk

3) If a human is shot this round, all those who voted for him may not switch their vote in the following round. Also, if a wolf is shot, any player who did NOT vote for him, will not be able to switch their vote in the following round. (this will be based on FINAL votes only)


Good luck


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 14:58:17---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 02:58PM Mar 13, 2013

One of the wolves seems to be copying the laws from the previous game

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 03:06PM Mar 13, 2013

I'm thinking Habs is the best option (and yes, Putter, you could claim full credit for that one if it turns out to be right).

The voting list law was repealed which means our first round missing wolf is still out there. I think our best remaining candidate for that wolf is OC but I've probably gone round in too many circles on this.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 03:06PM Mar 13, 2013

Voting Habs, this game is getting tedious.

Sorry, my totally legit excuse for forgetting the 100 word rule was that I missed the whole of last round when it was introduced.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 15:13:04---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 03:13PM Mar 13, 2013

Smithy wrote:
Voting Habs, this game is getting tedious.

Ok HABS


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 03:30PM Mar 13, 2013

Hang on, I don't want the round to end early At least not yet

Reading through the previous rounds didn't give much to work with I guess I'll go back to voting HABS since I'm pretty sure sky and smithy are the most trustworthy.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 15:45:45---

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 04:20PM Mar 13, 2013

I'm switching back to Harry... I'm losing my confidence as time goes on.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 04:28PM Mar 13, 2013

You mean Har in chat?

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 04:31PM Mar 13, 2013

Maybe changing back

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 04:38PM Mar 13, 2013

Well I'm pretty sure our final two are among OC, Celt, HABS, and Chris. I think of those HABS and OC are most likely.

You know Chris the best, and I trust you as a human, so would you say any of the laws resemble something he might say? Since he's the only other person I can see writing that law I pointed out, except I don't have many samples to compare it against since he's new around here.


"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 04:43PM Mar 13, 2013

My list is pretty much the same as yours, Habs and OC most likely, then Chris.

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 04:46PM Mar 13, 2013

I don't trust either of you to be honest I'm even considering Harry is trying to bus HABS. Either way, it's probably a wolf shot so I don't care.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 04:47PM Mar 13, 2013

I'm curious why nobody is ending it

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
celticherotus


Posted: 05:11PM Mar 13, 2013

I'm here and ready to end it unless somebody has any objections. I'll give it a couple of minutes to see if anybody does object. I know some people want to see Habs' response.

I'm just an ordinary average guy with nothing to lose.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 05:13PM Mar 13, 2013

Smithy wrote:
I'm thinking Habs is the best option (and yes, Putter, you could claim full credit for that one if it turns out to be right).


In the event he is human (he isn't) will he accept responsibility when shooting me puts the humans in a must lynch and pretty much ensures a wolf victory?. Not likely. No point in arguing; there are 3 votes locked on me now - it takes 4 to shoot me. Unless all 4 of the players who have not voted, vote alike I am gone and the game is lost.


My guess: HP and Smithy


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 18:01:31---

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
celticherotus


Posted: 05:19PM Mar 13, 2013

It's also a possibility that it's Habs and Harry.

I'm just an ordinary average guy with nothing to lose.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 05:20PM Mar 13, 2013

Smithy wrote:
Plus the fact that she doesn't seem to mind the grammatical restrictions means she could be the one suggesting them.

Where are you getting this? Yes, it said I could do it, but you may look back and see OC questioned it and what I intended to say "could NOT do it" The point was cleared up hours ago.

That is why I was trying to come up with a way to circumvent the rule.

This is moot since the wolves have already won the game. I will cast a pointless vote on HP, not that it counts for anything.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 18:04:45---

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 05:27PM Mar 13, 2013

I'm the one who loses off you getting shot because if you're a wolf, people will think I'm a wolf, but if you're a human, people will think I'm still a wolf. So why would I take this risk as a wolf? I would be trying to save you now if I was, but I'm a human and I think most of the evidence points to you. That's pretty much it.

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 05:31PM Mar 13, 2013

HABS2933 wrote:
My guess for the wolves are: HP and Smithy

These sorts of parting statements usually suggest humanity


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 05:34PM Mar 13, 2013

Not if everyone suspects me of bussing her, that would further the case against me

If she was a human, why would she admit my suspicion was valid then act like I totally fabricated it because I'm a wolf? This is what I don't understand. It's her own fault if she's human and dies for acting like that


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 17:40:21---

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 05:39PM Mar 13, 2013

HABS2933 wrote:
Where are you getting this from? I know it said I could do it, but you may look back and see OC (I think) questioned it and what I had intended to say was could NOT do it The point was cleared up hours ago.


Okay, sorry for misrepresenting, but it's confusing with simultaneous threads of discussion happening in various places, an easy mistake to make.

*remember to check word count*


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 17:39:33---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 05:44PM Mar 13, 2013

Why are OC, Chris and celt being so non-committal?

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 05:53PM Mar 13, 2013

HarryPutter wrote:
If she was a human, why would she admit my suspicion was valid then act like I totally fabricated it because I'm a wolf?


I admitted that the ONE (1) post could have been me. That NONE of the others sounds at all like me and you keep bringing up the same law but cannot show cause for any of the other laws being attributed to me. If I had written any of the others would it not be as obvious as the one you claim I wrote?


IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 06:02PM Mar 13, 2013

That excuse is another reason I think you're a wolf as you're being disingenuous in your defence as you were in WTB (and rightfully so).

Why do you assume I don't think you're the person who forgot to submit a law on time? And secondly, that wolf obviously switched up their writing style after I called you out on it (conveniently). A human would be honest in their defence, not intentionally deceitful as you are being. You're shooting yourself in the foot post after post


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 18:03:38---

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Back to Top 
celticherotus


Posted: 06:07PM Mar 13, 2013

I don't see anything changing, so I'll end the round. Bye Habs.

I'm just an ordinary average guy with nothing to lose.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 06:08PM Mar 13, 2013

Though math is not her strong suit, HABS is human

next round is must lynch...i have NOT recieved one wolf law...the day was rather short...I will give until 10 : 00 my time EST for the wolf to get a law in, otherwise, their ID WILL BE REVEALED


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 18:09:38---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:02PM Mar 13, 2013

I am loathe to have to do this but I am given no choice, as I once said, a man must make good on his threats

Considering he has failed to post one law, and been at best very late to post two other laws, furthermore, he violated HIS OWN law this round.


OC is a werewolf

I honestly wasnt thinking about Har being shot since it was very early, DST got me and i was heading on the road, so I apologize for that, but I though OC would be higher on your lists for something like that than he was


---This message was edited on 2013-03-13 21:29:12---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:29PM Mar 13, 2013

Im gonna forego the law voting this Round and give the last wolf time to think of a really nasty one for the 7th and final round

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : None 

Online Now: 17 users and 755 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account