Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2838

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by Oldcustard. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 8 rounds.

Discussion of Round #4

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

AuthorMessage
buu441Ain


Posted: 04:54AM Dec 10, 2012

RFM

Thanks buu. Guys I'm very sorry for not being able to get on earlier! The wolves not letting the night time out made the day start while I was asleep with school right aftewards! Until now the current schedule was working fine! So I promise that whenever I get home I'll quickly update the moves/store. Again, very sorry!

The Board Game of Death II
Each player has their own piece on the board.
The board looks like this:



Every round, a number from 1 - 6 will be randomly chosen for each player, and they will move that many squares.
Each square has certain properties.
If you land on:
+1 - you get 1 point that round.
+2 - you get 2 points that round.
+5 - you get 5 points that round.
-1 - you lose 1 point that round.
-2 - you lose 2 points that round.
-5 - you lose 5 points that round.
Bankrupt - you lose ALL your points.
Clear - if one player gets this, then everyone gets a public clearing clue.
Chance (?) - something happens...
Hospital - see below

The bridges:
A feature I have added to this new board game of death are the bridges. There are two bridges, the bridge of caution and the bridge of certain safety.

The bridge of caution:
On the turn a player crosses the bridge of caution, three things can happen.
There is a 3 in 6 chance the player will cross successfully.
There is a 2 in 6 chance the player will fall to their death. They lose 2 points and are moved to the hospital, reguardless of their roll.
There is a 1 in 6 chance the player will chicken out and not cross the bridge at all, they miss a turn.


Okay guys, really sorry :/ the timing of the rounds ruined my schedule! I promise not to let this happen again!!!

buu441: +2(19), 5 point.
Camillee: -5(15), 0 points.
catmandon: +1(12), 6 points.
GreenApples27: +1(12), 1 points.
HarryPutter: +2(19), 6 points.
JQPublic: -5(15), 0 points.
Rhythmic: +5(17), 8 point.
SirHar: BNKRPT(16), 0 points.
The_spider: +1(20), 2 points.

SirHar landed on the BANKRUPT SQUARE!! He loses all his points!

The current board leader is The_spider


Catmandon purchased a will! The identity of his will is secret until his death!


---This message was edited on 2012-12-11 03:10:20---

Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 04:57AM Dec 10, 2012

Am not totally sure whether night timed out or not. new round started 9 mins before my rfm post.

Anyway, 3 humans have been shot down already. We need a wolf soon. I have just put a vote on camilee for now based on last rounds comments and stuff, but not totally sure. I have a really busy schedule for tomorrow, so voted right now in case i miss out on it later..


Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 05:24AM Dec 10, 2012

Night definitely did NOT time out this time. By my count it lasted about 10 hours.

I'm not putting a vote in yet, but I just wanted to say GA and I voted just about the same time (pretty sure I was first) and that our 4th and 5th votes ended day early. I wouldn't have switched if I knew GA was going to at the same time. Sorry scrub.

I have a few things to take care of, but I'll be back on in a while.


"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 05:42AM Dec 10, 2012

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry about ending the round without notice! I had no idea I even ended the round! While typing my post, Rhythmic's had not been posted yet, and when I posted it, I didn't scroll down to look at it, and I went straight to the voting list, didn't even think to check any changed votes, then put mine in, thinking it would only be the 5th of 6, then bam the round had ended.

Thank god we finally have a fast night! chunnie being eaten might actually imply Camillee's humanity, since the reason I switched was that I was getting Seer vibes off chunnie, and now he's eaten after outright telling us Camillee was human, so even if he isn't the Seer, I'd be inclined to think that she's human now.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 05:53AM Dec 10, 2012

I've conditioned myself to never believe in coincidence also I really like buu's post

Fishing GA for now on some grounds. the seer should come out this round if alive, but if not alive then more justification to vote GA as he stated

And I warn in advance that seer claims must be explicit...no smithy business. I reserve the right to be cautious


---This message was edited on 2012-12-10 05:55:18---

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 06:04AM Dec 10, 2012

HarryPutter wrote:
Fishing GA for now on some grounds. the seer should come out this round if alive, but if not alive then more justification to vote GA as he stated


Are you trying to tell me you had no suspicions that chunnie was the Seer? Humans look for Seer tells also, Harry, the fact you're trying to make it look like you had no inclinations towards him being Seer just makes you more suspicious.
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 06:34AM Dec 10, 2012

In an attempt to make myself look even more amateurish than I'm already looking, I've decided to compile a 'suspects list'.

Jayo voters: HP, scrub (human), SirHar, Spider
Scrub voters: cat, chunnie (human), GA, Rhythm, SirHar, Spider
Other: Rhythmic (post about slamm), Spider (mostly gut reaction because of this post:

I have some more thoughts but let me read again..on first glance Harry's post felt more calculated than genuince, but let me piece things together better first..actually on rereading Harry doesnt sound too bad....this is a tough call this round, Im gonna analyze by combos see if anything clicks.


as he may be thinking about calculated posts because he's worried that his posts sound calculated.)

I'm leaning towards Spider, who appears in all three of my lists (especially the third one, which is the most important as the wolves usually wouldn't vote in ALL the majorities that turn out to be human. I'll vote for him for now.


---This message was edited on 2012-12-10 06:41:35---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
Camillee


Posted: 06:38AM Dec 10, 2012

Who ended that round? Won't you say that an eager wolf will be very willing to end the round? Doesn't make sense to kill someone like that without good conviction on the part of the humans Can be an honest mistake but we haven't gotten a wolf as yet!

---This message was edited on 2012-12-10 06:48:46---
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 07:14AM Dec 10, 2012

Camillee wrote:
Who ended that round? Won't you say that an eager wolf will be very willing to end the round? Doesn't make sense to kill someone like that without good conviction on the part of the humans Can be an honest mistake but we haven't gotten a wolf as yet!


I guess you're right. I've also noticed how I just contradicted myself in my reasoning ... Spider wouldn't be dumb enough to vote in BOTH majorities if he were a wolf ... anyhow, I'm switching to Rhythmic, whom I'm still suspecting because of the slamm post.

Edit: Also, that actually CLEARS Spider.


---This message was edited on 2012-12-10 08:00:31---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 07:46AM Dec 10, 2012

I am kinda inclined to believe that rhythmic is a human. Again a funny gut feeling. Dont go making fun of my gut again, harry.

@harryputter: about liking my post, is that sarcasm? i dont udnerstand whats there to like or dislike in it.

edit: about the seer. GA, why are you so inclined to find the seer? seems definitely wolfish to me. and is the mod gonna tell us when the seer dies, or we wont know about it?


---This message was edited on 2012-12-10 07:50:40---

Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 08:07AM Dec 10, 2012

buu441 wrote:
@harryputter: about liking my post, is that sarcasm? i dont udnerstand whats there to like or dislike in it.


I didn't get that either. Maybe since you didn't realize night didn't time out?

I'll go ahead and throw an SPV on GreenApples mostly for ending the round.

Hopefully Custard will be on soon. I'm also hoping someone will have enough points for a Wolf clue.


"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 08:15AM Dec 10, 2012

yeah. i am hoping for that as well.

anyway, here are a few wolf theories i came up with:

i. GA and camilee are both wolves or both humans. GA insists very strongly that camilee is human, so it makes me believe both are of the same species.

ii. similar arguments for JQpublic and the spider.

iii. since this is a 15 player game, we can have only 3 wolves. So one of the above two pairs is human, while the other is both wolf.

i am not totally sure about who the 3rd wolf can be.


Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 08:30AM Dec 10, 2012

buu, I think you missed something very important here. The 'if one is a wolf, then the other is a wolf' logic makes sense, but the 'if one is human, then the other is human' logic doesn't because humans don't know the wolves' identites.

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 09:13AM Dec 10, 2012

guess you are right. but i think we can clear the two pairs i mentioned above as a pair in this case. i will look over it once again though.

Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
catmandonAus


Posted: 10:09AM Dec 10, 2012

last round I was asked who I suspect the most... .
#1 Spider
#2Rhythmic
#3????????


The early bird gets the worm,but the second rat gets the cheese..
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:26AM Dec 10, 2012

This has been a weird game for me, maybe its cause I havent played a legit game in a while but I dont really have wolf reads on anyone. To me that either means the wolves have a knack for the game, or the wolves are players I dont know very well.

First things first, Im seeing a few misconceptions

If you are a human, and you are NOT looking for the seer, you are NOT doing your job. Therre are several reasons humans should always try to get an idea for who the seer is

1 . so you DONT SHOOT THE SEER
2. so you dont shoot a divination
3. So you can shield the seer, make yourself a target for night eating, "suspect" him so the wolves may hesitate to eat him etc

and several other good reasons, any human really must be at least trying to get a guess at who the seer might be from the jump.

In other news, me and JQ dont make any sense as wolf partners, and this isnt just cause I know its wrong. First, had Har been a bit quicker in Round 2, it might be JQ and not Jayo shot in that round. Secondly a wolf will NEVER explicity announce his partner is CLEAR. There is no point to it, especially when the seer is bound to make his entrance and possibly nail both of them? The only times it might make sense is its end game and one of the wolves is quite trusted so he can protect his partner and end the game, another is a ploy based on maniupalting this assumption.

As for suspects...still thinking. I got an inkling toward Harry, him or Green seem to have to be one of them, but with Green he normally suspects or argues with a partner in Round 3. The standard Wolf/Wolf 'battle' timed in Round 3 because the seer might have one of them by now and it works to clear the other one. I havent seen that from Green yet, so still inclined to believe human but still mulling it over.

SPV and waiting


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 10:29AM Dec 10, 2012

going by the last part of spider's post, GA and HP have been having these debates quite often. But none of them seem specially wolfish, except for some of GA's posts. But i somehow managed to shake off the gut feeling that HP's a wolf i might be wrong all right.

anyway, this is my last post for this round, unless some miracle gives me net connection at the event tomorrow


Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:42AM Dec 10, 2012

Good point, I suppose they very well could be a parntership, will have to review after work today

to reword my point above about me and JQ in a general sense, when one player strongly insists another player is human (assuming they arnt the seer) its likely

Wolf-Human 'persistent defender' tactic, or at least trying to implicate that human should the wolf die first
Human-Human 'good read'


and way down the list


Wolf-Wolf '


Im realizing my reason for not suspecting Green was pretty weak and means very little or nothing, I am going to scrutinize Green's posts again a bit later. Actually I wouldnt be at all surprised if GA/HP are a combo, they both know the seer is lurking and likely to reveal this round, so they were sure to throw a jab out at eacother....keep it in mind..its very possible. If my theory has merit, than that means I may have helped save two wolves


---This message was edited on 2012-12-10 11:02:08---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 12:22PM Dec 10, 2012

Apparently I was too tired to remember to lock in my vote and GA was already my suspect when he was defending scrub. Was just saying Cami's ID is relevant t his ID if he's right about chunnie.

Not going to start a majority before OC and the seer posts so abstaining for now


---This message was edited on 2012-12-10 12:23:34---

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 02:13PM Dec 10, 2012

Harry, I am relying on you and Spider to notice my human tells since some of the others seem to be rather inexperienced in knowing what is or isn't a human tell. So seriously quit suspecting me based on what seems to be little to no evidence.

Camillee, the round ending wasn't intentional, and it was I who ended it. You need to go back and look at the times of Rhythmic and I's last posts and see it was just a coincidence we both changed our votes at the same time, unaware either of us were doing the same as each other. And Rhythmic, your vote for me for ending the round is ridiculous since of all people you should have known it was a mistake and not a ploy to end a round that wasn't even a threat to me if I were a wolf?

I refuse to let any of you suspect me for looking for Seer tells. It is not suspicious in the first place, and if it were then I wouldn't openly talk of it. Also, I think what is more suspicious are people openly talking about NOT looking for Seer tells.

To put to rest any of HP/GA debates, I don't suspect HP, I just want to shut down his random suspicion of me.

Anyway, I am putting a vote in for Rhythmic since he is being hypocritical in voting me, something I find wolfish, and at the moment I am seeing human tells in most other people beside him. I'll check back in later!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:40PM Dec 10, 2012

Im thinking Rhythmic too...Ill explain if I have to once the seer speaks up, presumably they will

I just realized why he was voting you, not sure if suspicious or more just haha what? and for the record if you were confused, my discussion of the seer role was defending your actions, all humans should try to find the seer, why in the hell wouldnt they? so long as they dont scream it out


---This message was edited on 2012-12-10 14:50:02---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:03PM Dec 10, 2012

The first 10 seconds of this should play whenever The O.C. updates the RFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asiyu-wnYOo


---This message was edited on 2012-12-10 16:09:00---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 04:42PM Dec 10, 2012

I'm probably overthinking in the wrong direction as I have a tendancy to do. I've always thought of GreenApples as a highly skilled player and it seems strange that he wouldn't habe double-checked the vote count before saving. I checked it twice myself. Add that to other people's suspicions and that's where I put my vote.

That being said, the past two games my thinking has gone off in odd tangents that were not helpful. Both times I was human. See 2821 and 2835.


"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 05:20PM Dec 10, 2012

Come on The O.C. why else did you log in but to update the game, that should be priority number 1 for anyone modding game

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 06:25PM Dec 10, 2012

OC

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
SirHarA


Posted: 07:24PM Dec 10, 2012

I am voting to shoot OC.....



the stronger the fed govt gets the less you free you will be,,,,This is a no brainer...
Back to Top 
SirHarA


Posted: 07:36PM Dec 10, 2012

I am logging in a catman vote for reasons I would rather not reveal yet....

And No I am not the seer....If I was GA would be toast....


the stronger the fed govt gets the less you free you will be,,,,This is a no brainer...
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:47PM Dec 10, 2012

I need to sleep pretty soon, seriously this is straight up weak

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 08:07PM Dec 10, 2012

SirHar wrote:
I am voting to shoot OC.....


Ditto. I'll see if I can get on again right before the day ends, but it may not happen.


"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:19PM Dec 10, 2012

oh wait he's on heaven be praised ?

I guess not, false alarm #2


sleep time


---This message was edited on 2012-12-10 20:34:54---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 08:55PM Dec 10, 2012

yay i got back once more before leaving.

anyway, since OC isnt here yet, fat good it does me...


Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
Camillee


Posted: 10:35PM Dec 10, 2012

I think I'm going to vote for GA... He's somewhat suspicious & may be a wolf
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 11:44PM Dec 10, 2012

I'm not somewhat suspicious, you're just too lazy to search for any decent tells so you go with the fact I ended a round that I didn't intentionally end.

I'm sticking with Rhythmic but if it comes down to it I'll change to catmandon to ensure I live through the day.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 12:00AM Dec 11, 2012

You couldn't update with chunnie's ID, OC?

holy

buu441 voted for Camillee
Camillee voted for GreenApples27
catmandon voted for The_Spider
GreenApples27 voted for Rhythmic
JQPublic voted for Rhythmic

Rhythmic voted for GreenApples27
SirHar voted for catmandon
The_Spider voted for catmandon


A game of ties not willing to swing any way without a OC posting. I'm assuming chunnie must have been seer otherwise someone would have come out at this point, no? I'll put my vote on JQ for safety since I can't ensure when the update will come.


---This message was edited on 2012-12-11 00:18:48---

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
SirHarA


Posted: 12:24AM Dec 11, 2012

chunnie voted Harry in round 2...and shrubb..in 3 ...Harry I doubt he was the seer...
If your assumption is correct Harry you are a wolf...

with that said I have another take on the seer....which I will will keep to myself...
My current take is....Cat GA Rythym...

we are definitely narrowing in on them
watch them scramble....

and why is no one voting ME????
the only vote I got this whole game was rythym...in round one....
Good grief people .....when I am a wolf you will be LOST......


the stronger the fed govt gets the less you free you will be,,,,This is a no brainer...
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 01:32AM Dec 11, 2012

But you were on, twice, now three times, just type Chunnie was X and the problem is solved

Chunnie was NOT the seer though. Im extraordinarly tired only am awake to try do my part...i dont dont even know about my vote I really dont care atm i just want to sleep haha


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 01:38AM Dec 11, 2012

I'll take you at your word for that In that case I guess the seer just doesn't have enough info yet.


SirHar wrote:

My current take is....Cat GA Rythym...


I like how these are the 3 people in the tie


---This message was edited on 2012-12-11 01:38:50---

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 01:43AM Dec 11, 2012

Ill try to get up once more before the shooting, if fine with Rhtymic or Cat shooting i suppose, the seer I really have no idea who it is, well I have a guess but honestly its too late right now

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 01:53AM Dec 11, 2012

Wait, how do you know chunnie's identity? Did you PM him?

I can only think of one other person, and if it's them then we may as well just hand this game to the wolves...
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:07AM Dec 11, 2012

I asked him

Seeing how the mod has had three chances to type simply Chunnie was NOT seer and for some reason chose not to do so, its only fair to post it.

It shouldnt be Cat based on his post this round, but I wouldnt be surprised . If we shoot him and that is the case, give me a chance to speak next round. If I was wolf Im ok with being divined, but i am human and I AM NOT GOING DOWN LIKE THAT.

I really dont know who else it could be, like I said I have one or two guesses, I also might have crossed the finish line and can get us a free divination



Actually Im really worried, we probly should shoot Cat (again I know your perspectives are different than mine in that you dont know im telling the truth when I say Im human) but I dont think he is responsible or smart enough to realize if he fishes in must lynch and gets it wrong the wolves win, and if we shoot a Human Rythmic, Cat will likely thoughtlessly cast his cute little vote on me and the wolves will have the win.

Plus in a close call, he doesnt merit surviving


---This message was edited on 2012-12-11 02:18:38---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:36AM Dec 11, 2012

Seriously I need to get some sleep and I watch as Oldcustard drifts off the online now list for the FOURTH time this round. Let's go, get it together and update this thing, this is completely ridiculous

---This message was edited on 2012-12-11 02:38:18---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 03:05AM Dec 11, 2012

Just wondering ... what has cat done to merit so much suspicion, and so suddenly?

Anyhow, I'm sticking to Rhythmic. Wish OC would get the moves done soon.

BTW, we'd better not mess up this round. If we do, the next round will be our last chance. Among the three in the tie, I'm not sure about cat either way (although I'll be happy to be enlightened on him), I'm a somewhat suspicious of GA because some of his posts resonated as a bit wolfy to me (I agree with buu on this), and I'm the most suspicious of Rhythmic.


'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
  Post from Oldcustard deleted on 2012-12-11 03:07:28.
RhythmicAus


Posted: 04:05AM Dec 11, 2012

Well, OC posted. Since I have 8 points and have been acting too wolfish again, I'm going to PM OC to use 7 points for a hard public clue. If I had 9 I'd do the easy one, but oh well. If I don't make it to the day, good luck people!

you're just too lazy to search for any decent tells so you go with the fact I ended a round that I didn't intentionally end.

Not really. I just can't pick up on the subtleties of this game very well. I said I'm going by other people's previous suspicions as well (i.e. listening to others input). So there you have it.


---This message was edited on 2012-12-11 04:06:10---

"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 04:38AM Dec 11, 2012

I addressed that to Camillee, not you Rhythmic.

With 8 minutes to go I'm changing to catmandon to make sure I'm not shot.
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 04:43AM Dec 11, 2012

GreenApples27 wrote:
I addressed that to Camillee, not you Rhythmic.

With 8 minutes to go I'm changing to catmandon to make sure I'm not shot.


Ahhh. No hard feelings then


"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
Oldcustardtau


Posted: 08:20PM Dec 11, 2012

You pushed catmandon off the board...

HE WAS HUMAN!
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : iamsam4 

Online Now: 12 users and 392 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account