Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2929

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by dfamina. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 8 rounds.

Discussion of Round #3

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

AuthorMessage
dfamina


Posted: 02:04PM Jun 17, 2013

Gotta love quick night rounds.

However, your Seer is gone.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 14:04:47---
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 02:07PM Jun 17, 2013

Figures... :/ (Too depressed right now, will be back later to think things out)

***EDIT TO ADD***

Just playing with possible situations... what do people like or dislike about a koin-spider-softball grouping... (excluding the fact you may be in the grouping*

*WARNING THIS GROUPING IS A FIRST DRAFT*


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 14:42:38---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 02:42PM Jun 17, 2013

Please show your working. (That's what the discussion section is for, after all.)

Can't see anything too seer like from Putter, perhaps he divined Phant as human but I don't know, I don't think his accusations of Deb were Seer-backed but we could look at that as an explanation of why he was eaten, though that could have also been because of the evi link. I don't know what his "unsubstantiated claims" were that he apparently didn't want me to see but that's not a wise sort of thing to write if you're seer.

NO POINT SPVING SO NO RANDOM VOTING

In the meantime here's a video of medieval WWG.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 14:55:00---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 03:00PM Jun 17, 2013

Well I obviously know that I am human. So I am taking myself of the list. Working at looking at older games...

My current "clear list" is you (Smithy) partially based on a number's game, but I am not getting the same early vibe from last game. Then there is Deb I didn't intentionally put her in the spot light, but I feel like I got a genuine response from her in her anger.

Probably Clear list is phat I don't think that she has done anything so for that is wolfie, and the wolves obviously have so background knowledge with the paired hp, evita eating.

highly suspect- spider different than last game (rather than pushing at human flaws) he has been pushing a theoretical situation that is likely to start a mobbing group (safety in audacity) when I address counter theories, they go undiscussed. He 'evolves' his thinking but never pursues it.

softball, if spider proves wolf, softballs seems high possibility to be following in his foot steps. my only issues is fast rounds connected to honest unavailability (camp).

People I have no clue on are markus, koin, skybet

Leaving pianistchirs and UNC. At this point they are suspect as interchangeable possibilities... I haven't looked at voting yet, but there are distinct grouping that voted for (myself, deb, cool9, phant, etc.) that I would like to compare when i get the time...

~~~Unrelated News~~~

By the end of the day, looks like I will be an uncle.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 03:02PM Jun 17, 2013

My vote was an SPV (voted in true SPV fashion before I checked thread) analyze in a few mins

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 03:05PM Jun 17, 2013

Nice one goofball.

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 03:14PM Jun 17, 2013

I really don't know how to address your suspicion as I'm not 100% sure what parts of your post mean in reference to me (namely the 'evolve' part or if I am really expected to address comments that I myself wrote off in my own posts as unlikely) I know you'll shake your head but I cant help but find your motivations for me being your top suspect less than totally pure.

I disagree with clearing phat as again the wolves do not work together on who to eat (presumably) and the eating of Evi and Harry hardly presumed they have background knowledge on this group, in fact it would likely presume the opposite of that, in either case, if Deb is a wolf, Harry's eating would supercede any kind of Harry/Evi sympathy.

Ill go through last round again because I admit I am a bit slow on suspect generation, but thats just the way its going this game. A Deb list might be the best way for me to go about this then..but perhaps in a little bit


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 15:26:40---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 03:28PM Jun 17, 2013

Chris I don't feel I can give a reliable opinion on, I've suspected him pretty much every game regardless of his role and this game is no exception, so I wouldn't oppose a Chris vote but neither do I feel particularly confident in it. Same would probably go for a Deb vote.

I still have a nagging feeling about koin, think he could be a good way to go. Need to go back through previous rounds to try to come up with something more substantial though.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 03:30PM Jun 17, 2013

I sort of have the same 3 up near the top, Deb, Koin and Chris....none of which can I really explain why, or at least I don't have the energy right now to articulate but I can when I get back home from gym later tonight

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
xxsoftballxx13xtus


Posted: 03:54PM Jun 17, 2013

Alright. Back from camp!

First off, congratulations, chang! That's awesome!

I don't have a strong feeling against anyone as of now, aside from my earlier chang accusations, so I am going to reread the rounds and see if there's something that stands out...


"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 03:55PM Jun 17, 2013

interesting eating, I think lucky on the wolf part that they got the seer

reading back he only thing putter was saying was how chang seemed human to him and how he thought deb was a wolf, seeing as he could only divine one it doesn't seem odd that in round one antics he felt it necessary to divine one. That is pure speculation however, only he knows who he divined but I using what I have atm

I don't think the eating's of evi and putter are due to any known "paring" chang, I think they are more random if anything, maybe someone who doesn't play with us often?

currently this is my feelings on the game

Blue is a human feeling for me
Orange is I'm not sure if human or wolf
Red is a high suspect for being Wolf

changhill - seems human to me, is playing a bit differently then I know him, but that was over a year ago and people change
debc1 - her one seems different this game, has more of a aggressive feel to it, plus our seer said he thought she was a wolf before he was eaten
koin_era345 - made one post round one, probably just to let people know he stopped by, round two he spoke up more said something about wolves might jump on a har or deb vote, not sure what to think of him so he gets a yellow

Markus - I wonder what people would do if I put red here? probably shoot me
phantasma - put another vote on a majority very early last round, under the guise of "I don't vote unless I have a reason" when SPV is a reason all in itself, then seemed perplexed when I thought it was suspicious. To me it seemed like a wolf wanting to get in the middle o a possible runaway bandwagon, could of been a human mistake but nothing they have said has led me to think otherwise
PianistChris - I don't really get a read from him, nothing screams wolf, but nothing claims human, I think the constant references to him being a suspect might be jabs from earlier games? I don' know as I think this is my first game with him
Skybet - I always want to shoot a unicorn but in this case I cant, he is reading human for me atm
Smithy - I just don't know
The_Spider - He is playing like he normal does, not holding back his suspicions, however he seems more low key this game, like he cant make up his mind this game on who he wants to shoot, rather a grey area for me
unctarheel - hasn't said much this game, his most significant post this game was how a regretfully wanted to vote for deb, maybe a wolf who was telling another on that he would bus them if they didn't sharpen up? Seems like my own thoughts this game are far fetched
xxsoftballxx13x - seems human to me right now, hasn't posted anything that has made her stand out in my mind

this took me a long time to post as I went back and re everyone before making the post about them

voting deb


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 16:08:42---

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 03:59PM Jun 17, 2013

Seer down. I didn't see anything too seerish from Putter, I thought it might have been unc, he seems vastly more reserved than his last game. It often turns out my seer suspect is actually a wolf (and vice versa), but I will shelve this thought for now, because I can't claim a motive to vote based on this. Backburner for now.

Firstly I found deb's final post of last round came across pretty irate. I have seen wolves react this way to suspicion being placed on them many times. So deb remains top of my list. If Har had made an appearance we needn't have wasted a shot.

Phant I'm getting a huge human vibe from - "It's been fun, good to play with you guys...." sort of speak is way too nonchalant for a wolf's reaction to being in a majority. I would hazard a clear for now.

I have a feeling about Spid... But this hinges on deb's ID for me. I felt at the beginning of the round during the chang and deb exchange that spid tried to assert that chang was playing the refuge in audacity role, which interested me. Looking under my magnifying glass I would say it seemed a little fabricated. Interesting concept, though.

I'm not sharing your feelings on koin, I'm currently neutral on him. I will be watching closely however. Interesting that Spid seemed to hint that he would be revealing something suspicious about koin this round, but it's turned out to be just a feeling... I'm a little skeptical on the koin front.

Smithy seems to be sharing spid's thoughts, who I am a little wary about. So I find myself becoming a little cynical in regards to your posts, too.

Chang is a little over-active, but I think I just lack experience playing with him.

Chris is making no sense to me this game, saying weird stuff which makes no logical sense. Not sure what to make of it. He is a serial wolf, and this mindset is hard to shake.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:00PM Jun 17, 2013

The_Spider - He is playing like he normal does, not holding back his suspicions, however he seems more low key this game, like he cant make up his mind this game on who he wants to shoot, rather a grey area for me


I agree 100% and your suspicion is 100% justified, I figured it would be noted by someone, however in this instance I just am not developing anything substantial...if I dont by the end of tonight than I'm not sure what to say, but give me some breathing room until the game opens up haha

EDIT:

I made no such 'promise' about some great koin is a wolf post, i noted, two minutes before my ride to Maryland showed up that I thought he was a little odd and that might go after him this round.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 16:02:32---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 04:14PM Jun 17, 2013

Fair enough, I guess I thought the comment indicated more than it did.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 04:22PM Jun 17, 2013

Koin's posts from last round:

I'm gonna use the tvtropes link as an excuse for not being here all round

Deb and Chris come off as suspicious early on, deb for getting annoyed at chang copying her and chris for pretty much all his posts.

I think this is the first game ever where smithy seems human, something must be up...

edit: Putting in a random spv for the time being


It seems like there's a lot of talk about a deb vote, but not a lot of actual voting for deb. not sure how to interpret that though.

I'll vote deb for the time being since the markus vote is just a placeholder.

I can probably check in again in the morning before the round ends for final comments/vote switching


(voting list)

The phant majority seems human because a wolf might be more likely to go with the missing Har or the universally suspected deb... ironically those are the ones I'm myself am voting.

Thirding the vote on har because he's not helping us here and I don't really agree with the phant majority (don't want to split votes)


Phant, by that post I meant I think the people voting you are human. especially markus and unc, though its possible markus voted without thinking it would gain so much support. That's not to say you are a wolf, or a human, I'm indifferent about you at this point.

I also dont really get my why you aren't saving yourself, even if both you and har are wolves it would make sense to get him shot now.

I'm gonna assume the elaboration on what was wrong with my post will come next round...


All of which just sounds a bit wishy-washy, a bit cautious, a bit non-commital, rather like my wolf tell it all seems rather hedged and diplomatic.

Gonna check some previous games for comparison.

EDIT: Looking at recent games didn't really prove much one way or another so I don't know, I'm not particularly good at remembering people's play and past games so others can verify if the above is normal or suspicious.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 16:41:37---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
xxsoftballxx13xtus


Posted: 04:44PM Jun 17, 2013

Okay. I've reread the rounds, and my top suspect is deb. I would have chang on there for previously stated reasons, but I don't really think the combo of him and deb would make sense, and after rereading the round I suspect her more than I feel irked by him.

I think deb is significantly chattier than she normally is, in my opinion. Something that bothers me from the first round is when she came in towards the end and retracted her vote from Har because she didn't mean for the pile-up, kinda like a wolf trying to stay out of the spotlight. However, at that point, the majority was on Coolnine... Then, when Spider asked her to end the round, she did so, so she didn't mind the pile-up on him? (even though he would've been shot anyway and that alone isn't very suspicious) Also, after reading Putter's posts, it seemed as though he was directly pointing at her from the beginning, especially in his first post that didn't really give a reason for his suspicion...

For now, as there is no seer to protect, I will wait to vote until we hear from more people, but I will probably vote deb.


"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 04:55PM Jun 17, 2013

Those posts are pretty standard for me...

In all honesty, I don't know who to suspect, so a lot of my ideas have been gut feelings and confirmation bias this game.

I think the reason people are putting a lot of thought into spid's late last round accusation is because of his early vote this round.

Deb is a decent shot this round. her ID could be good evidence one way or the other, plus she never did say she is human if I remember right.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 05:19PM Jun 17, 2013

It always makes me doubt myself when it seems everyone has the same suspect. But debs ID will reveal the most at this stage.

Logging vote.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
xxsoftballxx13xtus


Posted: 07:12PM Jun 17, 2013

I am going to give deb a chance to defend herself before I press the forming majority any harder.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:47PM Jun 17, 2013

I feel Markus, Smithy, and Softball are human, but those are early tells. Smithy is trying to recapture the magic of my Softball post from last game but he just phoned it in

Then there are a lot of people who could go either way, naturally the sooner we hit a wolf the better because Wolf interactions are going to be the only thing that's really gonna kickstart my feelings this game


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 08:58PM Jun 17, 2013

i like smithy's analysis of koin's posts, so i would be down for that vote,

i'm between koin and deb. if we go with koin, i think this death would give us less information than a deb death; but, i have a stronger feeling about koin as a wolf than i do deb.


this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 09:55PM Jun 17, 2013

its the last post that caught my attention when it comes to koin, Idk it seemed that he wanted the runaway har vote to get going because he knew that har was human? all my thoughts are pretty much far fetched but theories are theories just the same

I would be willing to switch to a koin vote IF it seems the tide is going that way, like unc said deb would tell us more, but in the back of my mind it feels like she has been dogged since the word go and her reactions kinda point to that

hope we t a wolf soon, because like in the case of spider it would kickstart the game


Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 10:01PM Jun 17, 2013



it has been a long day

who doesn't suspect me??

i am voting chris

will do the list tomorow


This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
phantasma*


Posted: 11:47PM Jun 17, 2013

Well, Chang, you should be happy, I've spent the past 2 hours working on a close read of every post in the game, taking notes on everything, jotting down thoughts, etc. Unfortunately, I've only made it half way through last round and need to be heading to bed. I'm sorry I haven't had much of a chance to post here, but I have been working on the game. I'll try to get something posted tomorrow morning and really be able to go into detail next round. I should have plenty of time on Wednesday to read/post.

I will also wait until tomorrow morning to vote as I have read this round, but have not really thought much about it yet (and don't want to be accused of not reading closely enough). On that note, I think it is interesting that apparently you all expect me to comment on every single post anyone makes, and yet there are some of you who have little more thought put into your votes than me. Is the only reason why I am suspect because you don't know me? Or is it because I voted for someone who was in majority as an SPV? Or is it because perhaps I touched a nerve by voting for a wolf? One thing that is for sure is as I'm re-reading posts, I am still happy with my vote for chang. I also am reminded of how suspicious it makes people seem to me to change their vote 3-4 times per round as the current of the game is changing... makes it easy for a wolf to claim they have "voted for a wolf" when the ID is revealed if they have voted for everyone!

One final comment, Chang, I hope this post makes it clear to you how I plan to contribute to the game.
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 11:52PM Jun 17, 2013

Seems like some people are a lot of talk... I was hoping that deb would defend herself tonight, but there's still time so I can wait. I would like to know what some of you mean by "learning" from deb's death. (Simply beyond finding out whether she is wolf or human, what would you learn from such information?) This is primarily directed towards skybet and koin.

I am not saying that there's not anything to be gained, but you are being very general about the situation.

Smiithy is on my cleared list, did a very good job with the koin postings... So I will go ahead and place my vote to tie things up. I will be able to check in on my phone, but my sister will probably be delivering early morning, so I might not be posting much in the round, but I am firmly confident in my vote

G' night all

@phat, sarcasm? Well first of all I look forward to anything you have to add to the discussion. It sounds like you put plenty of effort into work/game.

Second of all, no one is picking on you. We had reason's beyond just your activity to vote for you. If I offended you, understand that it wasn't intended. I am glad to hear that you are working hard, but no one is expecting some "Beautiful Mind" scene where this game consumes your life.

Third, you're not exactly being targeted. You are suspect because of your actions. Yes, I suspect you, because you pushed a majority in the early round (based on SPV). Pretty much the sole reason for your vote against myself (that I was somehow enhancing a majority that I wasn't even in charge of) And if you're referring to me; no, I am not upset that you put me into a majority. And no, I am not a wolf.

As long as you can defend yourself, then you will be alright. But thus far you have victimized yourself to the point where you were unwilling to vote and save yourself. And only question people's motives and not answer for your own. Like I said before, I am not picking on you or angry at you, I am just talking out loud the thoughts that are running through my mind.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 00:08:20---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 12:05AM Jun 18, 2013

the way phantasma is sticking with his guns on chang, despite the fact that he has been in danger of getting shot, seems human to me. i know a lot of humans would flip their votes to save themselves also, but to me a wolf in that situation would be far less likely to hold firm on a vote, as i think they would switch to whoever else had a couple votes on them, to try to save him/herself.

so for now i have phantasma and smithy as humans


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 00:06:24---

this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 12:07AM Jun 18, 2013

i went ahead and put in my vote for koin

this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 12:12AM Jun 18, 2013

I am gonna go brush my pearly whites and if there's a post then I'll respond, but if not I will see you peeps tomorrow!

***EDIT TO ADD***

Well with that I am off to bed.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 00:29:59---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 01:27AM Jun 18, 2013

it seems koin is the choice this round, contrary to what I said earlier, im no going to join, we have plenty of time and I dont want to sink a nail in before the victim can speak

im going to sleep now and I expect the round is probably going to be over by the time I get back


Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 02:45AM Jun 18, 2013


Right, I'm assuming Harry was the Seer, and not Har?

If so, then looking from the last round I'd place my vote towards deb, for that reason, and the reason already mentioned by the posts up there ^.

My second suspect is as last round, the Unicorn - and he has a greater suspicion in my mind:

Chris is making no sense to me this game, saying weird stuff which makes no logical sense. Not sure what to make of it. He is a serial wolf, and this mindset is hard to shake.


Fair enough, what I said didn't make much logical sense as I branded you a wolf for nor calling me a wolf at start, or at near any point in the beginning as per the norm, and as you said I was a serial wolf, which is why I was expecting the bashing from you. I mainly said what I said because I had taken note of that and I wanted to see how you reacted, and (I know this may sound odd) stating I am making no sense is a reaction I think I'd get if you were lying.

I'm not going to tie up the votes between koin and deb as there is still some time in the round left, so I'm voting for Sky. Though later on I might switch to deb.





Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 05:39AM Jun 18, 2013

I must admit, I'm surprised waking up to 3 votes on koin. I see his posts have been a little diplomatic, but beyond that, I don't really see much else.

Unc and chang have heralded Smithy's post as if he's some sort of prophet, and praised his analytical skills. Come on guys, he just quoted koin's posts of last round and stated they came across wishy-washy. This all just appears so theatrical. I'm growing so wary of this group of players - Smithy, Spid, chang, unc.... There is something awry about the way they are interacting with each other.

To expand on what I meant by "learning" from deb's death. There have been several interactions with other players, either defending, deflecting suspicion on other players, people condemning her... All of these interactions, once her ID is know, will give us a good insight into other player's ID.

It's like everyone is out of character this game, and I can't work out why.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 06:13AM Jun 18, 2013

My post just didnt go through, im pretty annoyed about it so very brief paraphrase

I find Smithy humanish, but not at all because of his quotation post, and yes its odd that it is getting so much praise. Especially since after I posted something similar (but more concrete and as it turned out accurate) UNC STILL had me as a top suspect last game, just seems odd.

Koin seems to be playing a slight tact slightly similar to persistent defender in nature, where he chimes in with little helpful explanations of controversial comments (his post about my vote from earlier) explained this more thoroughly before but not retyping all that after that bs.

Sky moved up to a safe bet for human, although his consistent mentioning of me is annoying to contend with, but not much I can point to to change your mind right now (and fwiw I thought the meaning of ;learning' from Deb's death was obvious)

changhill voted for koin_era345
Markus voted for debc1
PianistChris voted for Skybet
Skybet voted for debc1
The_Spider voted for koin_era345
unctarheel voted for koin_era345

contemplating a switch to Deb pending the "Deb List"

Even if Harry didint divine Deb, he was still eaten for a reason, presumably one of his major reads was correct, be that Deb as wolf, Chang as human, or I think he had one more...but will check in a bit....on relooking, you can make a pretty solid case Harry did in fact divine Deb and obviously Harry would do his utmost not to sound "seery" I have one thought about the eatings which if Im correct about to me would implicate either chang/unc (but ill save this rationale for a later post after others have broken up my wall here haha)

FINALLY: Switching to Deb


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 06:34:48---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 07:03AM Jun 18, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
and fwiw I thought the meaning of ;learning' from Deb's death was obvious

Me too, however chang seemed to need further explanation of what I meant, so I obliged.

If deb is hairy, I would bet my house unc and/or chang are too. They are both subtly defending her/deflecting suspicion elsewhere. This would probably explain the oddly high praise of Smithy's post.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 07:06:13---

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
xxsoftballxx13xtus


Posted: 07:05AM Jun 18, 2013

changhill - I would lean towards a human if deb is a wolf, but without taking deb into consideration and just looking at chang's gampelay by itself, it seems like he's trying too hard to seem human, though he very well may be.
debc1- Previously stated reasons and Putter's hypothetical divination lead me to believe she is the most likely to be a wolf, and that's where my vote will go when I'm done with this post.
koin_era345- I have only played with him once or twice that I can remember, so I'm a little reluctant to jump on board with this vote, but when I get back from camp I'll check out his previous games.
Markus- Nothing out of the ordinary here that I have seen.
phantasma - This kind of bugs me because of the second round when he contributed to a majority as an SPV, but I'm not leaning human or wolf just yet. Again, I'll have to look at his previous gameplay to try and get a sense of his gameplay...
PianistChris- I think his suspicion of sky might be something to look into, but I'm not entirely sold on it. I have to look at his gameplay as well...
Skybet- I think the reaction to Chris's accusation was semi-suspicious, but so far his gameplay has been pretty consistent and humanish to me, so I'm leaning towards human.
Smithy- I don't see anything that is suspicious for him...
The_Spider- I think what Spider is saying is completely human, and in my opinion, he is my first clear.
unctarheel - Unfamiliar with this player as well...

The only problem with this list is that there is only one wolf that I am almost confident with, and there are three left. Hopefully, I will be able to have another suspect after reviewing previous games.

Voting deb.


"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:39AM Jun 18, 2013

I will also add that if Harry divined Chang as human, he was awful funny about showing it considering he voted for him right off the bat, increasing the likelihood that he divined Deb, or at least he was eaten because the wolves thought he divined Deb.

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 07:42AM Jun 18, 2013

my list:


changhill - 78% sure i am human i think he is the only one
debc1 - really how many times do i have to say it??
koin_era345 - suspects me - could be wolf
Markus - suspects me - not sure
phantasma - don't know but probably suspects me after kevy - thinking human
PianistChris - possible - but also suspects me
Skybet - suspects me - iffy
Smithy - always suspects me - thinking human
The_Spider - dan suspecting me - i just don't know what to say
unc - hasn't suspected me yet, but there is still time - don't know
xxsoftballxx13x - suspects me- was a wolf last game - thinking human

well what you will gleam is that everyone suspects me

voting koin

edit

if harry divined me as a wolf why didn't he vote me??


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 07:44:28---

This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:46AM Jun 18, 2013

moving my vote to a neutral party as there is still plenty to figure out this round

he did for a long time...perhaps he thought arguing against an obvious Har vote would get him killed (though I suppose had he a crystal ball he would done it anyway)


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 08:32:44---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 08:32AM Jun 18, 2013

Skybet wrote:
The_Spider wrote:
and fwiw I thought the meaning of ;learning' from Deb's death was obvious

Me too, however chang seemed to need further explanation of what I meant, so I obliged.

If deb is hairy, I would bet my house unc and/or chang are too. They are both subtly defending her/deflecting suspicion elsewhere. This would probably explain the oddly high praise of Smithy's post.


I know what it means to learn from a death. But that's very general and vague. But when you give your plan of action, it has a lot more depth to it. For example: If deb turn wolf. Spider thinks I am human, but skybet will also think I am wolf... that's something I would like to discuss.

As far as the HP thing, people are really becoming to concrete on the motives behind it. It's round three, you're averaging three separate wolves (with no TB) in to a uniform idea. It could be pure luck, I still think it was just a pairing issue with Evita and HP, and there are still few reason that people haven't considered.

But it's obvious that no one is on the same page. I am not sure if it's humans and wolves, but people really need to slow down. The game is just entering it's middle game


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 08:47:40---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 08:56AM Jun 18, 2013

That's all I can add. see you next round. Don't push the vote, I know phant talked about posting. See you when I am hopefully and uncle

*rawr*
Back to Top 
phantasma*


Posted: 09:29AM Jun 18, 2013

Thanks Chang for rememering me!

I was not able to make time to finish my notes or even finish taking them for round 2, but I do feel I need to contrbute with the ideas I have noticed so far.

So, I was looking back at the votes round 1 for cool9. I'm not entirely sure who HP means when he said he was voting for cj, but in the first voting list posted, he has a vote for cool9, which would have made him the first one to vote this way as an SPV. Two posts later, Spider also SPV's, and we, again, find out in the voting list that he has voted for cool9. I find it interesting, to use the logic some of you are so keen on using for me, that Spider would have, with seemingly only 4 vote having taken place, voted to put someone in majority. Later, Spider does have a good reason to keep a small majority on someone else, as he becomes the target of his own small majority, but then that quickly changes and there becomes a small majority on Koin, when, logicallly, Spider should have felt comfortable removing his vote. It is not until a little bit later that Spider does indeed change his vote to the absent Har, only to eventually bring it back to cool9. Later, Skybet posts a vote for cool9 because he is "strangely intent on voting for me". I find this a bit extreme as first of all, it is round 1 at that point, and so no one has any well justified reason for voting for anyone aside from gut feeling, so I looked back at the posts that cool9 talks about his being "intent" to vote for Skybet.

Just woke up everyone. Guess I will be shot first. Voting for skybet

I may spider but for now keeping my vote on skybet

Those two posts do not seem like someone gunning for someone, they seem like general first round posts to me. I'm not seeing where Skybet would become so nervous about them, and, more importantly, why this was the catalyst for everyone else starting to vote for cool9.

That being said, I don't think the wolves in a game of this caliber would team up to remove someone that has not proven a big threat to them in round one. In round 3 or 4 I could see wolves teaming up, but round 1 is so random anyway. So, I don't think both Spider and Skybet are wolves, between the two of them, I am leaning toward suspecting Spider.


On that note, I have noticed Spider trying to control the game, telling deb to end round 1 (which she does) and telling me to vote to save myself (which I did not do). I know I have not played with you all much, and I don't know Spider well, but I find it strange that he would say these sort of things, and even more strange that he expects people to do them. Again, going back to the theory that Spider is a wolf trying to lead a vote on cool9, wouldn't it make sense that he would want the round to end early once he has secured a majority on a human? He knows that if the round were left open, with as volital as the votes have been, that they could easily have swayed off cool9, a human, and onto a fellow wolf.

Ok, I know it is lame of me to just be talking about round 1, but that is all I have had time to finish. Having read the rest of the game, I feel comfortable logging a vote for Spider at this point due to what I wrote above. I am still suspicious of chang, for the reasons mentioned last round, and I am still not convinced deb is a wolf. From what you all have said about HP and Evita being friends, it wouldn't surprise me if he divined her the first night (he, of course didn't know she would get eaten). I know when I play mafia and get the seer type role, that I always look at my closest friends first so I don't have to worry about them (I tend to get a little blind to friends in these types of games)


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 09:29:18---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:48AM Jun 18, 2013

Well Im not up to address most of that, but there is nothing suspicous about saying, lets end this round 3 hours earlier than neccessary, that is the kind of superficial stuff that Id figure be above suspicoun in this group tbh...Dont mean to come off testy but not considering this a valid suspicion of me.

---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 09:53:26---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 09:51AM Jun 18, 2013

It is typical for spider to boss people around, but the fact that he wanted to end the round early was suspicious, and was the cause of accusations in round 2 if I remember right. Im not sure why those suspicions seem to have left...

Edit to add: remembering the mentality of round 1, coolnine was obviously going to get shot and I Doppler I retract that reason for suspicion of spid.

Now:
@unc: you talked a lot about other people and yet still registered a vote for me. what happened between the first and second post this round that made you change your mind?

@phantasma: cj is me. it was not a long-lived spv though.

@deb: why am I that much of a suspect to you?

I checked the round and the people who have put forth the evidence against me aren't the ones voting for me. I get that I have been diplomatic, but that's how I usually play, I highly recommend you check my previous games. I'll find some links in a few.

If spider is a wolf, I don't think either me or deb is. since my most likely humans are sky, phant, and softball, that leaves only a few people. Unc definitely a possibility there, same with smithy although leaning human on smithy.

Unc may be my biggest suspect right now. Couple things that don't make much sense here.

I am gonna have to vote deb to save myself, but the large amount of support does worry me.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 09:57:40---

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:54AM Jun 18, 2013

I ALWAYS ask people to end the round early, there is NOTHING suspicious about it, I am not entertaining any theory of me based on this incredibly faulty basis. This is objectively bad evidence

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 09:59AM Jun 18, 2013

I edited to add that. When the majority is obvious, theres no real problem with ending the round early.

This is probably the "diplomatic" and "wishy-washy" type of posts some of you were referring to.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 10:00AM Jun 18, 2013

As of now:
changhill voted for koin_era345
debc1 voted for koin_era345
koin_era345 voted for debc1
Markus voted for debc1
phantasma voted for The_Spider
PianistChris voted for Skybet
Skybet voted for debc1
The_Spider voted for Smithy
unctarheel voted for koin_era345
xxsoftballxx13x voted for debc1


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 10:02AM Jun 18, 2013

phantasma wrote:
On that note, I have noticed Spider trying to control the game, telling deb to end round 1 (which she does) and telling me to vote to save myself (which I did not do). I know I have not played with you all much, and I don't know Spider well, but I find it strange that he would say these sort of things, and even more strange that he expects people to do them.

It's not necessarily controlling the game in my view, it's simply "not delaying the inevitable". If someone is in a runaway majority, there's no point just sitting there, it's not odd for players to request for the round to end so we can continue the game. In addition, on the changing your vote to save yourself issue, it always makes sense to save yourself if you know you're human, as it is infinitely more likely that the other player you are tied with is a wolf. The only sensible reason not to do this is if you strongly suspect the other player is the seer. I don't really consider this valid evidence.

koin wrote:
It is typical for spider to boss people around, but the fact that he wanted to end the round early was suspicious, and was the cause of accusations in round 2 if I remember right. Im not sure why those suspicions seem to have left...

Koin, you were keen to jump on this suspicion of spid... As this round continues I actually find myself more suspicious of you and less so of spid. Your post appears akin to hole-digging. Beginning to see what others are saying about you now.

EDIT to add: less than 4 hours left now. We should try to reach some sort of conclusion soon.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 10:08:12---

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:17AM Jun 18, 2013

There are two people, Markus and UNC I really dont have enough info on to judge reliably as of yet, but as I noted I am leaning human on Markus. I think there are some players who have done enough to as of now, be out of consideration (for round 3 shot)...these being Smithy, Sky, Softball, Markus..possibly Phat.

That would leave me mainly with eyeing up, Deb, Koin, PC, maybe UNC... Chang..not sure of

Not sure if maintaining the Koin/Deb tension another round is a good idea or whether we should resolve it...I could see either of them going either way so I'm personally at an impasse, if we think we should forego shooting either of them, Chris is probably my best guess.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 10:18:19---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 10:32AM Jun 18, 2013

koin wrote:
It is typical for spider to boss people around, but the fact that he wanted to end the round early was suspicious, and was the cause of accusations in round 2 if I remember right. Im not sure why those suspicions seem to have left...


Koin, you were keen to jump on this suspicion of spid... As this round continues I actually find myself more suspicious of you and less so of spid. Your post appears akin to hole-digging. Beginning to see what others are saying about you now.


I took back the suspicion for that reason, as I said in my post...

I had forgotten about chris. Looking for some more posts from him.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 11:09AM Jun 18, 2013

I am switching to PC for the time being and requesting followers

My approach might be wrong, but Id prefer to keep koin and deb around for one more round, as I think they are a source of tension and they rule out certain combos and teams while alive. In that way, the wolves will have to make some concession tonight when arriving at an eating choice. Furtermore, a player like PC is someone who at best we are gonna get a hazy read on anyway and might be best to test him out now before we are in a position where we need to right.


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 12:11PM Jun 18, 2013


I am Tim, a sorcerer and not a wolf - And I don't see why you are suspicious of me enough to vote for me. :p

I'm going to stick with my Sky vote, it appears I don't have enough to gain some support of the vote against him, but I'm getting a more wolfish vibe off him, and rather stick with that for now, will wait to see how he continues in the game. I will add though, that my last post was ignored by the fanciful Unicorn and that should be worth noting.


Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 12:12PM Jun 18, 2013

There is absolutely nothing suspicious about ending a round early if all people have voted (or there is no seer to protect now) and the conclusion is reasonably clear, similarly there is NO good reason ever not to vote to save yourself, this is not debateable or subjective or a matter of opinion, it's just poor tactics. If you want to argue from a personal point of view, fine, but tactically it's a big no no, so Spid's assertions are in no way suspect. (Also find it strange that phant thinks it's suspicious that Spid wants them to save themself?! If phant is human then it shouldn't be suspicious someone wanting them to be saved, seems slightly self incriminating logic.)

Don't know about the whole keeping koin/deb alive thing, seems like we're just muddying the waters for ourselves and offering chances for the wolves to act with good justification, will be back before the end, may or may not cast an important vote one way or another.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 12:15PM Jun 18, 2013

no I don't like to shoot people because they are hard to read, or even to make the game easier I like to shoot wolves and people I suspect to be wolves and PC just hasn't done that much for me yet this game

However you are just not sounding right to me this game

depending on the ID of who we shoot (I'm switching to koin btw) I think we should seriously take a look at mr spider


Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 12:24PM Jun 18, 2013

PianistChris wrote:
I will add though, that my last post was ignored by the fanciful Unicorn and that should be worth noting.

Chris, your posts attacking me have virtually no content beyond "I think Sky is a wolf" so there really is nothing to defend at all, and there isn't anything worth noting. You're the one who is ignoring virtually everything going on this game, including everyone else that's being discussed, to continue your unfounded fixation on me. It's really very strange. You need to look at the bigger picture and consider that there are other people playing this game.

Spid, I don't see the logic in what you're promoting there, so I'm just going to stick with my deb vote.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 12:29PM Jun 18, 2013

Shooting quiet players is a thematic play in WWG so I dont think shooting people who are generally not being helpful or confusing in their posts is dubious strategy. If we feel strongly about either Deb or Koin it would be one thing but it seems to be largely a guessing game. It seems to me that if you have two people who are very likely not wovles together, if you advance them to the next round you can eliminate more pairs, and thus reduce the possible combinations you have to work down from.

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 12:32PM Jun 18, 2013

In my view, our dead seer was pretty intent on a deb vote, so ignoring all the other evidence stacked up against her, this alone is deserving of a bullet, surely? For me this is a no-brainer.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 12:35PM Jun 18, 2013

I guess no one is interested....

Guess Ill vote Deb in accordance of chance of seer divination....but if Harry divined Deb as wolf, why would he come up with a fake rationale for voting one of Deb/Chang and choose to vote Chang instead of his divination? Isnt that the point of his rationale, to disquise the fact that he divined Deb?


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 12:42:43---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 12:51PM Jun 18, 2013

He may have been trying to discover if chang was her partner. But other than that, I really don't know. Regardless, I can't see why any other player left in this game would be a better shot than a player who our seer wanted shot.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 01:01PM Jun 18, 2013

checking in

i don't know what else you want me to say
actually it doesn't matter what i say

lets just say if i am a wolf, who the heck are my wolf buddies???


This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 01:04PM Jun 18, 2013

^ I think that speaks for itself.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 01:11PM Jun 18, 2013

i still like koin as a slightly better suspect, but that last post from deb just didnt do it for me. i'll go ahead and bite. like everyone has been saying, myself included, at least it should give us a lot of information to work with.

this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 01:12PM Jun 18, 2013


I agree with the points against Deb, and also, adding from her last post:

actually it doesn't matter what i say


I've seen people write that before who were wolves, and with the points against her, that post and the possible Seer divination I am switching over to Deb as she seems to be the best possible vote this round, however I am sticking by my suspicions of Sky.

Uniwolf wrote:

Chris, your posts attacking me have virtually no content beyond "I think Sky is a wolf"


There is some evidence however small that you are a wolf from what I have said. I began attacking you because I found it odd that you weren't bashing me for my serial wolfishness, but upon questioning you said that you had now ironically had a suspicion of me. In this round you ignored the question and diverted what I said about you ignoring it with what I quoted.


Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
dfamina


Posted: 02:00PM Jun 18, 2013

SKIP TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE SHORT VERSION.

As another gloomy day drags on, Deb the Bridge Keeper continues to guard the Bridge of Death, ever vigilant, ever loyal to her duties. Stroking her beard, she idly ponders where in the world all of that mist comes from, and why the sun is never shining in this movie. (Seriously, what's up with that?) Unbeknownst to her, trouble is headed her way...

The Underscore Spider, son of Hyphen Spider, journeys on toward the Bridge of Death, searching for the fabled Werewolf Game in which everyone has valid reasons for voting, posts contain relevant information/theories, and Nights are never longer than two hours. What he couldn't figure out was the big deal with all of this "Holy Grail" nonsense. A golden cup? He had cups at home. Meanwhile, the bridge looms into view...

After listening to his approach, deb knew immediately who had come. Their rivalry had spanned over years, though she often wondered if Spider even knew he was in a feud. He always played it so cool. She stepped out and addressed him. "Halt. If ye want to cross this bridge, ye must answer three ques-" "I'm asking the questions here", Spider interrupted. He didn't trust her, and he was tired of playing this little game every time he wanted to cross this bridge.

"It'll be you who answers MY questions, else you'll be eating steel."
"Fine", deb replied. "It's high time we put this rivalry to an end, anyway."
"What rivalry?" He appeared truly puzzled. Deb fumed, but remained calm. For she carried a terrible secret, and any subtle change in expression would surely be noticed. "Never mind. Ask your questions."

"Question One: What... is your name?"
"My name is Deb-See-One."
"Just deb would have sufficed. Question Two: What... is your quest?"
"To win the Werewolf Game."
"Now, Question Three: Are you a wolf?"
Curses! He knew of her penchant for honesty; No matter what, she could never bring herself to tell a lie. Even now, when her life hung in the balance, she could not betray her code.

But it mattered no longer. He saw her hesitate: He now knew her secret. She watched almost with detachment as he leveled his gun that he had somehow smuggled into the Medieval Era, and fired away. As she fell to the ground, her true form took over, and what The Spider saw confirmed what he had suspected: The wolves had lost one of their number.

He then unceremoniously stepped over her fresh, hairy corpse and continued on his way.

"What a waste", he thought. "Now I owe the Black Knight fifty shillings."

debc1 was a Wolf.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 14:05:46---
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : PixiePal 

Online Now: 7 users and 475 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account